No announcement yet.

Iconic Paul Walker's 21 vehicles will be at Barrett-Jackson Auction Jan 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iconic Paul Walker's 21 vehicles will be at Barrett-Jackson Auction Jan 2020

So I'm sure you've all heard or read the articles. The late Paul Walker's vehicles will be up for auction in Scottsdale, AZ at Barrett-Jackson, January of 2020. Seven of these 21 vehicles for auction will be BMW's. A snippet from the article:

"Highlighting the Paul Walker collection are seven BMW M3s, comprised of two E30 M3s and five E36 M3 Lightweights. The M3 Lightweight is a lighter, track-oriented version of the revered E36 M3. Nearly all Lightweights featured a more aggressive rear wing and front spoiler, along with an Alpine White paint scheme finished with a BMW Motorsport colored checkered flag livery. Powered by a BMW S50 3.0-liter straight-6 engine and backed by a 5-speed manual transmission, the 2,950-pound Lightweight was factory-rated at 240hp. This gathering of five 1995 BMW M3 Lightweights of the 125 produced will be the most E36 lightweights ever sold at a single auction."

I am sure most of this community, like myself, grew up watching Fast and Furious. And far myself, the cars and the culture played a huge part of the love I have for these vehicles today. Paul Walker will always be memorialized for the person he was on an off the screen. And to have his car collection live on in car enthusiasts- I think is awesome.

That's great and all, but now every time a new F&F comes out the cars will be resold for an ever higher price, meaning that they will never be driven again. RIP good cars.

Comment

Originally posted by columbo_01 View Post
      So I'm sure you've all heard or read the articles.
      Yep
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Saw this story a few days ago. What I want to know is why would anyone need that many Lightweights?
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Just to have a large percentage of them. Look at it this way, to own a similar percentage of all E30s produced you'd need to own just under 100K cars.

Comment

The LTW hoarding was definitely an investment.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
            X