Maserati-Ferrari motor into e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Italian_Tuneup View Post
    I'm glad someone else is thinking this... I am still knee deep in my M60 swap, but those F136 engines are amazing and I keep thinking about what to stuff one into. The dry sump ones seem to be the way to go, much more compact and could lend to better fitment. I was initially thinking 944, keep the transaxle theme going... but that might be a tight engine fit. I am glad you got the dimensions, that will help a lot. I've also been thinking E30, RX8, BRZ.... something that would be livened up quite a bit with the F136. I think the hardest part would be the engine management. I've never done standalone, so that's intimidating. Can those systems even deal with cam phasers, etc?

Anyhow, time for more Maserati V8 fantasies......
    I spoke with the owner of the '68 mustang with the f136 and he is using a Megasquirt MS3 Evo System. He said it was straight forward and he has no issues with it. Though, I am not entirely sure how much work he did himself, and the shop that did the work did not seem as if they wanted to talk about the build when I was on the phone with them.

Comment

Megasquirt on a Ferrari engine is like putting a pig on lipstick
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post

I spoke with the owner of the '68 mustang with the f136 and he is using a Megasquirt MS3 Evo System. He said it was straight forward and he has no issues with it. Though, I am not entirely sure how much work he did himself, and the shop that did the work did not seem as if they wanted to talk about the build when I was on the phone with them.
        Yeah, they're hoping to get a fat check from you if you get serious.
        1985 325e -> M60 swap project
        1983 GTV6
        1974 X1/9

Comment

Cam phasers and their controls are not that complicated, only the tuning to get it working like it did from the factory is. Sure there's a lot there, but any aftermarket ECU with enough inputs and outputs to run a Coyote or something can run that F136.

Running it with a megasquirt would be a great way to thumb your nose at ferrari fanboys and tell them there's nothing special about the motor.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
          X