Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Seasons and Omega AC compressors - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Seasons and Omega AC compressors - yay or nay?

Tried rebuilding my Behr Bosch wingcell compressor with new R134a seals. When the shop tried charging my AC they said the compressor was pissing refrigerant and that I need a new compressor. An OEM rebuilt compressor is almost $1200 but there are rebuilds in the $300-400 range by Omega and 4 Seasons on ECSTuning. I'm also seeing 4 Seasons rebuilds on Rockauto. Anyone running these aftermarket compressors or have experience with these brands? Are they reliable or am I playing Russian roulette with my money?
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Well, you can do the whole project twice for what an OEM one costs, and 4 Seasons isn't absolute trash, but they are a downmarket brand. Know nothing of Omega as a brand for car parts. but I hope they advertise with a slogan similar to "The last parts your car will ever need."

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
      Tried rebuilding my Behr Bosch wingcell compressor with new R134a seals. When the shop tried charging my AC they said the compressor was pissing refrigerant and that I need a new compressor. An OEM rebuilt compressor is almost $1200 but there are rebuilds in the $300-400 range by Omega and 4 Seasons on ECSTuning. I'm also seeing 4 Seasons rebuilds on Rockauto. Anyone running these aftermarket compressors or have experience with these brands? Are they reliable or am I playing Russian roulette with my money?
      It's funny you posted this, I was going yo ask the same question. Any help would would be great. It is too damn hot to be running around with no AC. I am going to pull the trigger on the Omega BTW.

Comment

last summer I did the r134a conversion with a compressor from arizona air. they have a rebuilt behr unit. might be worth checking out. ackits.com

Comment

Bought a 4 seasons ND unit once. Lasted 3 months, zero warranty support from 4 seasons.... never again.... started rebuilding my Seiko Seki units instead. Ackits out in Arizona and polarbearinc out of Florida for all my orings, carbon seals, and bearing needs.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
            Bought a 4 seasons ND unit once. Lasted 3 months, zero warranty support from 4 seasons.... never again.... started rebuilding my Seiko Seki units instead. Ackits out in Arizona and polarbearinc out of Florida for all my orings, carbon seals, and bearing needs.
            Do you have the part numbers for the Seiko Seiki SS-811PB3 compressor?

Is it similar to the Seiko Seiki SS170pss?

Comment

the problem with most of the reman air con compressors (Four Seasons, etc), is that they will only install 3 or 4 of the 7 seals on the shaft. they just don't last...

there is a fella on mye28.com, that offers a rebuild service, for old BMW air con compressors, power steering pumps, et al. you may reach out to him, and see if he is doing them currently. his handle is: "JCS", here is a link to the thread: https://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142973
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thanks for the input all. Decided that I'm going to ship my compressor over to Jay from the MyE28 and BigCoupe forums to rebuild. His work appears very high quality esp for the price he's charging for a rebuild and our phone conversation indicated to me that he is intimately familiar with rebuilding these old wingcell compressors, so I'll give his rebuild service a go. To anyone else who wants to reach out to him for a compressor rebuild, he is currently having issues with his email so you'll want to reach out to him via phone.
                1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Jays prices are great and looks like the way I will go if any of mine need a rebuild
                  Last edited by Shangsta; 07-06-2020, 12:35 PM.
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

Working...
                  X