You know you are getting old when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you are getting old when...

On the weekend I took the E30 out on a local BMW car club cruise. I got to clock up 450km which was nice as its a new engine and needs bedding in.

At 7:30am when I was filling up for some gas a young 18 year old walked over to admire the car, telling me he was a fan and had a simple E36 318i himself.

Then he said... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE GOT TO SEE AN E30 IN REAL LIFE.

Nice one!

My reminder is when customers come in (have a classic BMW indy shop), and they are the same age as my oldest kids. :/
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I'm amazed how many teenagers come up to me and say they want an E30. Just goes to show you how timeless this chassis is.

At the same time I have many older people strike up conversations mentioning that they used to own an E30 and it was their favorite car.
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

i see headturners young and old everyday. feels good to drive an icon. sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

You know you're old when you talk to new enthusiasts about the cost of parts for their e30s. Had a good chat to one last weekend who was buying some parts & had paid $1000 for a set of trashed sports seats he was intending to get rebuilt & upholstered, while I have a set of fairly tidy ones in the shed that I picked up for $80.

After we'd talked about some other mods I've done to the car, he asked me how much I paid for my M-tech 2 steering wheel and I didn't have the heart to tell him, I just said I got it a long time ago & can't remember (It was $30 from a pick & pull).
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I've had my car for 10 years this spring...I'll be 35 in a month meaning I've had this thing nearly 1/3 of my life.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

When high school kids compliment my e36 and say things like "I love those older models like the e36 and e46," while I can remember when those were the "new" cars that we all hated.
              My Feedback

Comment

How about when you refer to "Phone Dial" wheels and the person lokks back at you with a big question mark on his/her face?

Comment

I went for a drive up Angeles Crest a few weeks ago. I had the pleasure of chasing a C7 Corvette, Porsche GT4, Porsche Panamera, E90 M3 and a McClaren. I was in the E30 convertible. Yes, I was a little over matched. Anyhow, whenever we would stop someplace guess which car got all the attention? Yep, the lowly E30.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_173415.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	9958169

Comment

...when you're grumpy that E30's call themselves the 'elders'...

t
                    elder cars were hottrodded with an M10B20
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

....when have the remains of an e30sport.net sticker on your toolbox still...

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        ...when you're grumpy that E30's call themselves the 'elders'...

t
                        elder cars were hottrodded with an M10B20

I couldn't have said it better myself...

Comment

Originally posted by cavpilot View Post
                          I went for a drive up Angeles Crest a few weeks ago. I had the pleasure of chasing a C7 Corvette, Porsche GT4, Porsche Panamera, E90 M3 and a McClaren. I was in the E30 convertible. Yes, I was a little over matched. Anyhow, whenever we would stop someplace guess which car got all the attention? Yep, the lowly E30.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_173415.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	9958169
                          lol I've had the "priviledge" of these type of cars "racing me" on 101.. I guess they don't like getting passed on..?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                          X