Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I track down a moderator or admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I track down a moderator or admin?

We have a crowded thread that desperately needs to be broken out into a sub-forum. I've messaged a few people with high post counts or who have titles that sound like moderation, but no one seems to know how these categories get created or moderators get assigned... Is this info somewhere I haven't found?

We're approaching 500 posts in the thread here... I'd like to make my case to whoever makes these decisions. There's some really good info in here that I'd like to start breaking out into specific threads or build threads for different cars.

Why not just aggregate it yourself?

Comment

I think an N52 swap subforum would be a good thing to have, and would help centralize the good work that these N52 guys have done.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Why not just aggregate it yourself?
        I don't understand what this means. Are you telling me I can do this as a user, or are you telling me to go start my own forum.

The concern I have is that it's currently *over* aggregated.

Comment

Maybe I'm not phrasing the question right.

There are three subforums in 24V Engine Swaps. One of them is S38, and has 533 posts. We have one thread for the N52 that's almost 500, and I think we'd benefit from a Sub-forum since there's not much overlap with the other three subforums and the info isn't all generally applicable to 24V. If we can't do this for some reason, I'm going to be clogging the main 24V forum with threads with the prefix *N52 Only* which just seems silly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	9977042

Comment

An N52 sub forum would be nice, but it’s not a crazy popular swap, nor is it very easy. It’s one I love but it’s also quite difficult so I think it makes sense to just leave it as-is ... for now anyways.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              An N52 sub forum would be nice, but it’s not a crazy popular swap, nor is it very easy. It’s one I love but it’s also quite difficult so I think it makes sense to just leave it as-is ... for now anyways.
              I agree, it's not even a slightly popular swap. It's a blip. But it's in development, and that's why there's active discussion.

In the M54/S54 sub-forum, there are only about 40 replies in the last 3 months. The next post after that is another N52 thread, which has 268 replies.

The first page of threads in the S38 sub-forum has posts from 2015.

I'm just comparing the volume of recent posts for this engine compared to those two

Comment

It's not easy because we're still perfecting it.
                ​​​​​​How old is the newest S50 now... 25 years?

N52s are overflowing at the dismantler and CHEAP! It's a jewel of a motor that's the natural evolution of the inline 6 in the e30.

We've learned a lot and are eager to share the information!

Comment

Working...
                X