Doin Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doin Work

Every chance between working 50 hours going to school part time and homework ive been working on my car for the last month.

A couple photos of this and that.

Things ive been working on.
    Installing megasquirt.
    So far ive fab'd up a coil pack bracket out of 1/4 plate aluminum. Assembled my wires, ran vacuum line, Installed Innovative LC1 W gauge (Just have to add some fuses to the box), Variable tps sensor. 1/2 done on the intake. Still have to add temp sensor and jump relays and this and that.

Fuel / emisions
    The line from the fillerneck to my tank rusted out parts of my car that are under repair. While im at it, I replaced that and the smaller 2 plasic lines and a metal line, along with all rubber lines in the back half of the car. Mostlikely will go ahead and do the front too.

Brakes Upgrade
    Grab'd some ate calipers. Calipers are being powdercoated at this moment. All pieces will be replaced except piston and caliper housing. New ate rotors with hawk hp+ pads, uuc stainless lines with ate superblue. Also new distribution block with rear line and the 2 smaller lines on the subframe. FRESH!

Cosmetics
    Having this and that bodywork done in the back (common rust spots in the back and some dings hammerd out). FINIALLY!, Im going to have my plastics on. Got the euro trim, new, smoked indicators and fender indicaters. Painted grills, lip, door trim back to black.

Sound
    Didnt plan on doing anything with the stearo system till i built a motor. but...... I came across a cd43 at a bangin deal and scooped it up! Going to get the dice ipod modz with some fresh componets.

Drivetrain
    I had a ujoint going out creating a bothersom vibration. Like new drive shaft ordered. I tried pressing out the old U joints. I got them out... PAIN in the asss. Maybe someday ill order some and try and reassemble it. Got the front axles rebuilt with new joints and thicker! boots. SMOOTH!

Oil
    I also added a check valve to my oil feed line to my remote filter. Should have done it a year ago... OOPS

Post more pics if i remember to grab em.

Kiss of life
    boiyahyoiaaa

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

so jealous of you cd43. wanna give it up???
    AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Cool shit. What are the specs on your engine? I am severely tempted to ditch the motronic for megesquirt. Let me know how it works out.
      Matt

sigpic

Comment

my friend used to ride for duffs until he got hgis own shoe elsewhere
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by shmutzigE30 View Post
          so jealous of you cd43. wanna give it up???
          heck naw. I picked it up for pretty cheap tooo. its golden

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
          Cool shit. What are the specs on your engine? I am severely tempted to ditch the motronic for megesquirt. Let me know how it works out.
          Motor is stock. Im going to run it untill i build up a twin cam. Im debating whether or not to do a stock build to an m30 i got for my other car or start piecing to gether parts for a twin cam for the ix, Ill be swaping over the megasquirt to the twin cam.

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
          my friend used to ride for duffs until he got hgis own shoe elsewhere
          I got em for free. They are kinda doodoo. Didnt last to long. I personaly like vans better. The good ones. not supermarket store ones.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
          X