October 2021 Car of the Month: Julien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2021 Car of the Month: Julien

*** If you have seen Juliens build threads you might understand why I wanted to quickly feature it. I wont say anymore about that haha... The way Julien quickly puts them together is fantastic so when the other car I had slotted for October couldnt meet the deadline, he also managed to get this arranged quickly too! and yet, its all top-notch work. A lovely Big6 conversion with all the right parts. Nice work Julien, lets hope this one lasts until the end of the month. Ahh dammit, I said it... Congrats Julien, you're R3vlimiteds October 2021 Car of the Month***
    • Factory Options: 1986 325E Sedan Manual, 12 Button OBC, comfort seats with rear arm rest and head rests in black leather, Cruise Control, Basic Audio with Fader, Power windows/Locks, & Sunroof.
    • Color: Zwart

Interior color: Black Leather

Engine modifications: M30B35 Engine from a late 80s e34 with a dual pattern 280/284 IE camshaft, decked head and Dinan Chip

Exhaust: M30 Downpipes mated to an aftermarket CARB legal cat with 325i Muffler

Transmission: E28 Getrag with e12 Flywheel, UUC shifter, e36 M3 Driveshaft

Differential: 3.46 LSD from Donor e34 swapped into e30 Case.

Suspension/ Drivetrain: E30 M3 5 lug swap with modified bilsteins (front bump stops trimmed) Ground Control Coil overs (350/450 rates) alu. control arms with fresh offset bushings, new rear subframe bushings with IE Adjusters. H&R Swaybars. '95 M3 Steering Rack

Wheels: stock E30 M3 15" wheels with 225/45R15 Ventus RS4 Tires

Exterior modifications: European bumpers, valence, headlights and grills

Interior modifications: Period Correct Blaupunkt head unit with Aux in, E30 M3 Sport seats, New saddle brown leather (to be installed), recent mostly crack-free dash, illuminated 5 speed shift knob. Mtech1 Steering Wheel ( "for now" - 2mAn)

Story behind the car: Car was purchased new at Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo, California. It lived in the Bay Area and Sacramento during its life. I purchased it Mid 2021 with a blown head gasket in Petaluma, CA. It had Borbet C 16" Wheels, H&R Super sports and needed a lot of love. The paint was all original except the trunk lid, which had an IS lip added at some point. Interior was torn to bits and needed considerable love. After many many hours she's come together to be an extremely lovely car. I'm also glad to say every little detail on the car works now including power antenna, odo gears, check control, sunroof, etc (all which were broken). Coming up soon is a leather interior color change to BMW saddle Brown with heated seats, installed using a factory harness and switches as well as full R134a A/C retrofit.
    Quick stop back to its original dealer...

and now some fancy pics

...if you aint lookin back, it aint worth it....

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Thanks for the feature Simon! Also big thank your to enabler's garage (https://www.instagram.com/enablers_garage/) for the pictures. Here is the build thread if anyone wants to see more.
    I have a tendency to name all my cars, my daily driver is Lizzie (https://imgur.com/h3CVZdJ), my (ex) s54 wagon Mindy (https://imgur.com/mqlpzCj), M5 Stella (https://imgur.com/KkEZJcR), V70r Tinkerbell (https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/tinkerbell-a-sonic-blue-vr-story.614713/?id=614713) and so on. However this project is
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

glad to see the black car featured. I've spent a decent bit of time around it and will admit to a degree of lust and frequent longing stares across the shop floor.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Agree - always love Julien’s builds.
        this is vey tidy.
        E30 320i vert
        But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Wells done! Congratulations Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Congrats Julien!! Much different than what you started with.
            sigpic84 325e

Comment

Julien - you *still* owe us a video running laps in pink tights!

also, sweet E30! How many have you had so far?

and 2mAn - thanks for posting these consistently. It really helps keep this community alive.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Julien - you *still* owe us a video running laps in pink tights!

also, sweet E30! How many have you had so far?

and 2mAn - thanks for posting these consistently. It really helps keep this community alive.

Julien this is a FACT! Bring them this coming weekend when we meet up in NorCal

nando thanks, its getting harder, but luckily R3V continues to come through with the cars. I still have a bunch of cars I want to feature *cough* kronus *cough* and there continues to be new builds coming through too which is always great
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Delightful. Always a soft spot for M30 cars, it just "fits" in more ways than one

Comment

Awesome car! Looks great with the euro bumpers!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X