Big Turbo 1JZ E30 Time Attack Build - A Sad Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Turbo 1JZ E30 Time Attack Build - A Sad Story

Hello, this is my once upon a time unmolested 325IS, turned showcar, turned street car, turned turbo HPDE car, now full blown wannabe Time Attack car...

its a sad story... is it worth telling? Does anyone care about these cars anymore?
    sigpic1990 325IS,
    2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

That’s quite a change...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

A lot of work there! What is sad about the story?
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

The car used to be so easy to enjoy and take to a weekend event. Beat on it with a simple setup. Turbo, Megasquirt, stock body.

Now it's just overcomplicated, ,I've just lost the passion that I had to work on it and toy around with even though there's nothing more that I want than to bring it back out to Sebring again.

Weird, I'm just in a funk with the car and can't find the motivation to clean up the last few things to make its return to wheel-to-wheel.

sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Pre-JZ photos
            Attached Files
            sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Peak M20 years..
              Attached Files
              sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Anyone else just have the itch to drive?
                Attached Files
                sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Looks like a big project. Indeed it's hard to stick with it on a drawn-out adventure.
                  I would be interested to hear about more details and see some pictures of the car's journey!

To light the fire, might I suggest driving a friend's (or even buying) a stock example if you have the ability?
                  Doesn't have to specifically be an E30, but something of similar vintage.
                  E28, E36, etc.

Driving one again will remind you what it's like to be behind the wheel of your beloved E30 and might provide motivation.

Comment

I see the issue, you need to bring the M20 turbo back to bring the lust back. German 2JZ :P

Comment

I drove a stock 190e just the other day and it was a great reminder of how much fun old stock cars car be!
                      sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Here we go
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                          I see the issue, you need to bring the M20 turbo back to bring the lust back. German 2JZ :P
                          I just purchased a low mileage M42 for a 1975 2002 I have, German SR20?
                          sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                            Looks like a big project. Indeed it's hard to stick with it on a drawn-out adventure.
                            I would be interested to hear about more details and see some pictures of the car's journey!

To light the fire, might I suggest driving a friend's (or even buying) a stock example if you have the ability?
                            Doesn't have to specifically be an E30, but something of similar vintage.
                            E28, E36, etc.

Driving one again will remind you what it's like to be behind the wheel of your beloved E30 and might provide motivation.
                            I'm going to try and keep up with the updates, all of the fab work should be done in the next couple of months, there are just so may odds and ends to tie together, but it does drive!
                            sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty_30_IS View Post
                              Here we go
                              Yeah you don't need that bit of car anyways!

Assuming tube back end is happening?

Comment

Working...
                              X