X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Weird E30 325i M-tech 1

Hey guys hope all are doing well,
    Here is my story 😅
    I recently bought a 325i E30 not knowing that it is an original M-technic 1 until recently checking the specifications data sheet!!

But the weird thing is that the data sheet had 3 different types of wheels mentioned in it, first under the section of Editions and packages it said “Light alloy wheels Star-spoke style105 ref:S333”
    then under Wheels it said “BMW light alloy wheel, cross spoke 29 ref:S288” and under Environment and safety section it said “Light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 69 Brilliant ref:S311”

I hope someone here can help me, no one anywhere could figure out the original wheels fitted on this car

Thank you in advance!! 🙏🙏

Attached Files

there might still be a build sheet under the rear seat, likely long gone though. you can also run the vin through real oem and see what it says. i think most m-tech cars shipped with basketweaves, but there were other options that could be ordered.

check the spare tire to see what style it is. back when folk used to rotate tires yearly the spare was included in the swap, and probably would have been mounted on a matching rim. e30's use full size spares.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply man, i really couldn’t find any of what yiu mentioned still in the car, and most likely the car had wheels different from the basket-weaves since as mentioned in the spec sheet it is some kind of spoke-star style wheels

Do you have a recommendation for a real OEM that I can contact since we don’t have them in my country

Appreciate the help 🙏🙏

Comment

According to what I am reading this car can be really rare since it is a 1987 325i 4 door Mtech 1, since BMW went on producing Mtech 2 versions after less than a year
        • The ‘M Technic 1 Sportpaket’ version of the E30 325i was built for around 10 months only, with 290 examples believed to have been produced.
        I am dying to know more information about my car, I am so excited to start the restoration process, hopefully with some help from you guys

Comment

rad! Keep us updated
          Current Builds
          1989 S52 E30 Touring | The Grey Athletic Shoe
          1993 Toyota Landcruiser | The Trail Snail

Comment

Originally posted by Base0 View Post
            Do you have a recommendation for a real OEM that I can contact since we don’t have them in my country
            RealOEM is a website actually. You can put your VIN in here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sel...ct=P&archive=1

Cool car!

Comment

Thanks guys, i will keep you updated for sure during the restoration process, I tried going into real OEM website to find more info on the car, all i found is very basic info then a section to browse for parts that can fit the car 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, anything i am doing wrong, or is there a specific place that i should go to to find full details on the original parts fitted on the car

Comment

I have them also on my option list,

S311 Light-Alloy Wheels Star-Spoke Style 69 Brilliant

since my e30 has run 150xxx km and i have the fifth wheel, it seems that these are the “rare” style 69 star spoke.

Comment

Working...
                X