New to me early 1987 325ic to mtech2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zippityDu View Post
    Rear end coming along. Will have to make some adjustments to exhaust for a better fit and finish
    Also be aware that there are two exhaust versions to these bumpers. You seem to have the euro style opening on the grey car where the exhaust hole sits closer to the center of the car, you can tell by the bumper screw cover. This is why your muffler tips are touching your bumper.

sigpic

Comment

I appreciate all of the feedback! This helps greatly. More updates coming soon!

Comment

Got my exhaust tips replaced to match new bumper.

Comment

New fog lights and turn signals came in over the weekend. Getting them dropped off first thing and hoping to get car back this week. Will take some pics and then directly off to mechanic.

Comment

Fog lights, signals and front bumper coming to fruition. Getting close!

Comment

Comment

I’m looking to complete the front end with some sort of license plate filler. I saw the following, but not sure it’s a match/fit:

any other advice/insight would be appreciated!

Comment

I’m also looking into 16 inch maxilite wheels. I was hoping to find the right offsets in 15 inch as I’m concerned about ride quality. If I did 16x7 with a 205/50 tire, would I be able to protect the somewhat cushy ride given from 14 inch bottle caps?

Comment

New wheels on the way. I’m thinking with going 16/50/205 unless others have better suggestions. I saw Michelin did have some in 16/55/205, but want to avoid rubbing once I go lower in the future

Comment

16/50/205 will be your best bet with those wheels for sure. 16/55/205 will look way too big proportionally. Not really any other sizes to consider for those wheels when accounting for availability and fitment. Those wheels will look great on your setup. Build is coming along nicely. I do think the regular BMW badges and some larger straight cut exhaust tips would really perfect this but its just a matter of personal preference. Look forward to seeing it with those Alpinas.

Comment

That's an E36 part and won't work. There isn't anything like that for the M tech 2, so if you want to cover the holes you will have to get creative. Perhaps use plugs or body colored stickers.

As for wheels, 205/50/16 is as big as you want to go.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think I agree when it comes to badges and exhaust. Given that the exit point is more towards the center on my rear bumper, does anyone know of an exhaust setup that is tailored for this?

Car is currently in the shop getting the driveshaft rebuilt, new CSB, complete shifter bushing overhaul, clutch pedal rebuild, and some other goodies.

Once it’s back, I’ll be finding an upholsterer for interior.

Comment

Working...
                          X