Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought a '91 318is yesterday.....new project car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't buy that. the EPA rated MPG on a 325i is 20mpg on average:

and that was when the car was brand new. add the extra weight of the cabby, a hundred thousand miles or so and you'll be lucky to make that on average. I get 21-23mpg in my car, but I drive 99% on the freeway (I see it as a sign that my engine runs fine). most people here get less than that, my bet is you're miscalculating or reading off the OBC, which I wouldn't trust..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I get ~28mpg around town, and I drive like a jackass. on the highway, I get well over 30, closer to 35mpg. *shrug*
      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by nando
        I don't buy that. the EPA rated MPG on a 325i is 20mpg on average:
        1991 BMW 325i/325is. Search by make for fuel efficient new and used cars and trucks

and that was when the car was brand new. add the extra weight of the cabby, a hundred thousand miles or so and you'll be lucky to make that on average. I get 21-23mpg in my car, but I drive 99% on the freeway (I see it as a sign that my engine runs fine). most people here get less than that, my bet is you're miscalculating or reading off the OBC, which I wouldn't trust..
        Yeah, I never did calculate it w/ the milage. Just what the OBC says. It just makes me feel better. Haha.
        Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

LOL! I talked to the seller and almost bought the car, just too much work to be done for me. But the price was pretty low I think.

Comment

Originally posted by christophbmw
            (i dont like the diamond schwartz, i like just plain schwartz).
            Hell yeah. Schwarz > DSchwarz.

Nice car you got there. Good luck with it.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
              Originally posted by christophbmw
              (i dont like the diamond schwartz, i like just plain schwartz).
              Hell yeah. Schwarz > DSchwarz.

Nice car you got there. Good luck with it.
              ....ya my bro hit it with his jeep a week after i got it (never posted pics though) its in the body shop getting new front fenders getting the dent in the rear qaurter panel fixed (my bro hit the rear Q) and getting the whole front end resprayed.
              ....so far the engine is in great shape no leaks replaced all fluids all belts valve cover gasket spark plugs e.t.c.....and a whole bunch of other little stuff.
              i have the interior stripped out and i am installing an all alpine stereo (soldering ALL connections) going to be very profesional.....already made sustom amp rack covered in OE carpet for the trunk....ill post pics when its done but i think that it is going to be BADASS :D . like i said its my project car.
              '91 318is

Comment

Diamond Swartz is beautiful, but I too, am biased (325ic).

As far as mileage, I get about 12-16mpg on my 325ic and between 20-25mpg on my 325ix.
                Current BMW's:
                2004 330Ci
                1986 European 325i cabrio
                1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
                1989 325is RIP
                1989 325iX RIP
                2001 740iL RIP

Comment

i used to have those rims... :D
                  The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

sits a bit high at the front.. shouldnt it have M-tech suspension?!

Nice car tho, they look great in black
                    ///M Inside

Comment

Working...
                    X