Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean Job!
    Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
    WE cut the fender right on the edge to keep the lip at the end of the fender and just added metal as we needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      switched from IE flares to eurostop flares. eurostop 4 door flares fit 100 times better than IE flares, but still are a bit rough.

sorry for the iphone pics

Any pics of the car on the finished product. Id like to see the car on the ground.:D
      My LS1 swap thread:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=160030

Comment

ok, i must be stupid. Wheres the damn thread where the guy used spandex? He made spacers and stretched spandex over it to make a smooth flare for the rear. HELP!!
        sigpic

Comment

it was fleece or something. Def not spandex. You are thinking of the Grassroots E30 IIRC.

Comment

A build diary tracking the process of turning a 1987 BMW 325is into a serious trackday car.
            sigpic

Comment

finally found it from your thread yoshi. Going to widebody my truck project. Seems like the cleanest cheapest way to do it.
              sigpic

Comment

Fiberglass was used for the 09 Challenge made the similar way you are looking by taking a mold from the stock fenders (you can see the old setup on the right sidebar)...

This site is created to document the progress of me and my cousin's 1988 BMW 325IS turbo built exclusively for the GRM challenge. It will begin with all of the older pics from the build and Challenge competition in 2007, and continue with the car in its current state of progress.

I like the way the Condor Speed Shop ($2010 GRM Challenge) car came out even better though...

john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Bumping this thread!
                  Anyone have any more pics of late model 4-doors with flares? (Other than Eric's car)

Originally posted by Janderson
                  you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

You know I have been wanted to see a MtechII with eurostop flares for some reason I think that would look badass.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YK91 View Post
                      My friends E30.
                      This car looks like my old one...

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Fiberglass was used for the 09 Challenge made the similar way you are looking by taking a mold from the stock fenders (you can see the old setup on the right sidebar)...

This site is created to document the progress of me and my cousin's 1988 BMW 325IS turbo built exclusively for the GRM challenge. It will begin with all of the older pics from the build and Challenge competition in 2007, and continue with the car in its current state of progress.

I like the way the Condor Speed Shop ($2010 GRM Challenge) car came out even better though...

haha that car was built for 2K and the year. Now being sold for 11K.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

When cutting the inner part of the fender to make some room, do you affect the integrity of the chassis?

Note that I will, at one moment, have a roll bar or cage, but not for now...
                          E30 now S52
                          2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                          325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            haha that car was built for 2K and the year. Now being sold for 11K.
                            $11k with all new GC suspension, standalone MS3, new turbo, new exhaust, new digital gauges, digital boost control, HKS BOV, new 38mm WG, 16" wheels, 27x10.5" Goodyear slicks, all new brakes, fuel pump, new silicone hoses, custom bumper, 2.7 m20, ported head, MLS gasket, head studs, crank scraper etc etc. All the junkyard parts from that pic are long gone. The shell is about all that remains from the $2010 car.

Did you see the other GRM $2010 e30 sell on ebay for $18k once the parts were upgraded? How much ch do you think it costs to buy (or build) a race-ready e30 that placed mid-field in the Ultimate Track Car Challenge?
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Lol at the "build for 2k bs"
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                                Lol at the "build for 2k bs"
                                It was a $2k build. The motor blew the next day after the pic. Stock 200k mile m20's apparently don't like 21psi on a stock head gasket. You should see the cars that come out to the challenge and the stories about using something around the house. One team had a wide body Dodge Aries that used a $10 CL filing cabinet. You have to have proof and documentation of your parts source. ;)
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X