Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks John:)

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    haha that car was built for 2K and the year. Now being sold for 11K.
    you forgot one key word... "ORIGINALLY"

So yes, the car was "originally" built for 2011K, and is now for sale at 11K. Since its GRM debut, It has had almost everything replaced... wheels, Full Ground Controll suspension, Stroker M20 with arp studs, Cometic gasket, crank scraper, etc..., HX35 turbo with a custom 3" turbo back exhaust, Megasquirt, all the necessary gauges & safety items, etc.... Its well worth the money.

Link to Vorshlag's GRM e30. this one sold for $18k:
    http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131

Comment

Originally posted by BDK View Post
      A guy off of E30 Tech has a nice street flare...

did it the right way with BNIB OE Fenders and a roller .....

painted...

His thread
      http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93468
      it put a smile on my face to find my car mentioned in the same breath as so many of the awesome rides in this thread. thanks.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Lol at the "build for 2k bs"
        Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        It was a $2k build. The motor blew the next day after the pic. Stock 200k mile m20's apparently don't like 21psi on a stock head gasket. You should see the cars that come out to the challenge and the stories about using something around the house. One team had a wide body Dodge Aries that used a $10 CL filing cabinet. You have to have proof and documentation of your parts source. ;)
        Originally posted by silence View Post
        thanks John:)

you forgot one key word... "ORIGINALLY"

So yes, the car was "originally" built for 2011K, and is now for sale at 11K. Since its GRM debut, It has had almost everything replaced... wheels, Full Ground Controll suspension, Stroker M20 with arp studs, Cometic gasket, crank scraper, etc..., HX35 turbo with a custom 3" turbo back exhaust, Megasquirt, all the necessary gauges & safety items, etc.... Its well worth the money.

Link to Vorshlag's GRM e30. this one sold for $18k:
        http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131
        Exactly what my point is, These parts are not cheap so lets not bullshit when you say the car was built for what ever year the car competed in.

My lemons pos may have cost only 300 bucks but all said and done was well into 3k range and that had NO upgrades minus safety and some gauges.

These bracket races are basically down to who bullshits the best or just flat out say it was free since everything was given to me.

Never once did I say that either team built JUNK because they weren't. But to say it only cost X when normal people know it doesn't even come close to that.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

i'm in the fender flare club now:) 1" wider front and 1.25" wider rear.

7speedshop.com

Comment

You running oversized tires?
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              You running oversized tires?
              they are about 1" taller then stock currently.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                i'm in the fender flare club now:) 1" wider front and 1.25" wider rear.

This look cool but for only1"-1.25" not really worth to cut up the fender. I guess it is a personal preference. In the past I have rolled / pulled stock e30 flares to get a gain of 1.5"+ on all sides. Once pulled out they will need bodywork to make smooth just like pix attached.
                Attached Files
                www.esmwheels.com
                www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

exactly^ they will need paint and body work to pull metal that much, NO way are you getting that look for under $400. Mine need nothing but a screw driver to look decent. With 1.25" until I hit flare and another .75" until I hit shock I have plenty of room for wide rubber. I have room for 10.7" tread width of tire under these flares with a Hoosier 275/35 measuring at 10.3 tread width I'd say they are just right IMO;). at 400WHP It doesn't need more than that
                  Last edited by kamotors; 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

It's okay kam that grey car had an m10 in it lol

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

:rofl:

really?

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                        exactly^ they will need paint and body work to pull metal that much, NO way are you getting that look for under $400. Mine need nothing but a screw driver to look decent. With 1.25" until I hit flare and another .75" until I hit shock I have plenty of room for wide rubber. I have room for 10.7" tread width of tire under these flares with a Hoosier 275/35 measuring at 10.3 tread width I'd say they are just right IMO;). at 400WHP It doesn't need more than that
                        ^^^^ Couldn't have said it better......Your car looks great.

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          No difference to what engines the cars has.Thats not the point The post was made to show that even modified OEM flares can be wider then the KA Motor flares. Although some body work may be needed SOME may prefer not to cut up OEM fenders for ONLY 1". Either way another great option for the E30 community.
                          www.esmwheels.com
                          www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                          Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                          Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

so you can either spend well over a grand probably closer to 2grand depending on who does paint to get OEM flares modified and then get your car repainted or just screw some of my flares on.... and drive away the same day. My flares also clear 25" overall diameter tall tires at full lock

7speedshop.com

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

I'd love to get flares. The only problems I see is that I have a 4 door, and that I'd want them to blend into the body. So if I got fiberglass flares, I'd need to do some fiberglass work around the rivets, and then sand/paint the flares to match the body.
                                I think metal work would look best, if it's done right.

Originally posted by Janderson
                                you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X