Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like most of this car. Im on the band wagon with the trim, and I think Type A's are too plain for the all white look. Maybe something a little more intricate would look better. As always, another quality machine!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
      No, obviously the CF will be ledft exposed. Th "rubber" bit as in the main section that is made of rubber on the original. It's white in your pictures, is it painted already, or it is it still just fiberglass atm?
      still fiberglass, it needed some work, will try to primer it today, see if I can paint it tonight or tomorrow, it will be on before Sunday's show

Originally posted by Philipangoo View Post
      just curious, how did you end up mounting that Alpina front valence ? It looks like you did some custom work rather then just wrapping it around the stock valence.
      it was already discussed, it's a pain, it needed a lot of cutting, flexing and bondo work and still did not fit 100%

Originally posted by 12XLR8 View Post
      This is a freakin awsum thread! It makes me wanna start stripping my e30 TODAY :)
      Quick question, what size tyres do you have on the Borbet A's?
      215-40-16

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
      How did you mount the sideskirts? Did you screw them in, use the clips, or adhesive? I noticed in the pic its falling off. Im thinking about using the proper clips, but it might be tricky to get them to line up perfectly.

The car looks really good. Job well done. Done fast!
      mounted them with the doubble sided tape on top and ix clips on the bottom but the tape did not hold... so I am re-doing them right now. There will be no screws and they will be flush with the body

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i View Post
      I really like most of this car. Im on the band wagon with the trim, and I think Type A's are too plain for the all white look. Maybe something a little more intricate would look better. As always, another quality machine!

Brian
      I have 2 more sets of rims for this car, MK Motorsports and another set of BBS RS that I am building right now...

Comment

Personally, I dig the sheet outta the body painted trim. To me it completely updates the car and blends the entire body into one unit rather than sub-divided segments. Big fan.

LOL, I am thinking liquid nail for my skirts.

Comment

car would be perfect with black moldings.. other than that i love love LOVE the rest of it !

Comment

I love the project, i love how it looks, i just have one qualm, I really think the trim needs to be black.

too much white, you know? BUT, other than that, it looks AMAZING.

keep it up!

Comment

vlad... cool car. I haven't read the entire thread... but if you haven't yet, stick a lightweight flywheel in her, changes the car completely.

Julien
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

lets see some pics of the pedals. i wanna know what paint you used Vlad.

Comment

Nice recession project Vlad... looks killa, so which one of your e30's would you sell me:mrgreen:
                  No BITCHASSEDNESS!!!
                  Werd.:finger:

Comment

i just read all 24 pages, you do some amazing work, the entire car looks great, especially on the Type A's.

Comment

guess it wouldn't look bad with black trims either...

any plans on alpina stickers?

some google pics...

Comment

Fuck I want an Alpina front end now. My next E30 will has one.

Looks good vlad. No complaints here.

Comment

looks awesome, just two ideas from me...

new fog lights, those are pretty old looking.

euro trim your side moldings. i don't like the white at all, and the ugly US side markers that you smoked stick out really bad in the white. some nice flush euro moldings in black would be hot!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                            lets see some pics of the pedals. i wanna know what paint you used Vlad.

I used regular flat black spray paint, just prep the surface with 500, then 800 grid sand paper

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            looks awesome, just two ideas from me...

new fog lights, those are pretty old looking.
                            the fogs are brand new, lighly touched with yellow, I'll put tinted lamin-x so they look in par with the headlights yet shine yellow light

some new pics from today, put the m-tech rear spoiler

M3 interior

Comment

your m3's interior has got alot going on... love the hidden v1
                              Originally posted by Lof8
                              4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                              therefore, their value is much greater.
                              Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Vlad it just keeps getting better. I actually like the running lights in black. To me its more of a "formation" light system. Spoiler adds a nice balance.

BTW, when you are finished with my M3 call me. I can come pick it up.

Oh yeah, final mount on the side skirts????

Comment

Working...
                                X