Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedblind View Post
    Love the car, but your CL ad is misleading. Isn't most of the body stuff replica? And the carpet/headliner aren't "rare" options, they're painted. Not knocking anything - you have nothing to apologize for on the build or the car itself...but your ad leaves some critical information out.
    I totally agree. I would be PISSED if I showed up to look at that car, and discovered that everything you're claiming is Alpina/AC Schnitzer/M-Tech I is all replicas. And as shitty as you've repeatedly told me that "Alpina" front airdam is, you're listing it as an Alpina part?

And trying to say the headliner and carpet are RARE black option parts? Seriously? They're dyed!

Comment

Shady sellers FTL!!

Comment

guys, I don't know what you are upset about? Are you buying this car? No ! So what do you care?
        I told everybody on this forum how I've done it and what I've used.
        Carpet is black, so is the headliner... do you have it? No. I say it's rare and is as good as the factory and is brand new. And it was done with quality products, not some cheap spray paint way, like everyhing else you see around. You want to dye yours - go ahead and do it. I got about 20 PMs regarding the dye and the headliner etc.. how many people did it after I gave them the info? Probably zero... why? Because it's not cheap and it requires some effort.

I said the wing and mirrors were reps, anybody who knows anything about e30s will know as well.

All the other morons who email me from craigslist want to know when the timing belt was changed and why the tires are not factory recommended size. That is what I have to deal with on a daily basis besides complete idiots who offer $5k and ask for the warranty.

So give me a break please. Go build yourself a project, post pics and we will talk about it.

Comment

fu*k yeah vlad.
          Tell them whats uppp!! haha
          Good luck selling it man
          -Andrew
          Turbo m30 drift car build.
          500whp or bust.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Guys, really? You know damn well if it had been listed on ANY BMW forum, the ad would have been written a little different. Considering it's for CL, I think it's a fair representation of what the car really is. Considering how public and candid he's been with the build, I think it's funny how you guys come out and blast him like that.
            turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
            Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

I'm not "blasting" anyone. I'm saying that if I saw that car for sale on Craigslist, knowing a good deal about BMW's, but not being part of the intarwebs crowd, I would be pissed when I found out that the tuner parts that are listed aren't real parts. If I was to sell my car and list my ebay ACS pedals as one of the mods, I would clearly state that they were replicas, as the real ones are something very sought after. As are the real versions of your replica parts. And you KNOW I'm not one of the people that knocks replica parts, I've had/have several myself.

Saying that the carpet and headliner are rare options because they're dyed black and not many people have done it would be like me saying my stock 14" weaves with nogaro silver painted centers are rare options because not many people have done it. NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever.

Vlad, you know I'm respectful of you and your cars. They're amazing. And I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I'm saying nothing more than your ad is misleading, especially to those that don't frequent the forums and aren't aware of your build thread. If it was made clear that the tuner parts were replicas, and the "rare option black" parts are dyed, I would have nothing to say about it. And in the end, what I have to say about it doesn't matter anyway, especially if you are able to sell it for what your asking or close to it. I'm voicing my opinion.

Comment

thanks for giving me a solid e30 restoration guide. top notch work.
                ReverseOTL.
                NewParts4sale.
                PartsWanted.

Comment

Who gives a fu**, everyone lies on CL. As long you sell your car for your asking or close to it. If you are the idiot who's buying the car you should know what is legit and what is not. End of story! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                    Who gives a fu**, everyone lies on CL. As long you sell your car for your asking or close to it. If you are the idiot who's buying the car you should know what is legit and what is not. End of story! :up:
                    How should you know whats legit and whats not, if there is nothing distinguishing replicas between authentic? Sure, its easier on wheels... Not so much on other items, though. Everyone does lie on CL, but a little honesty would be good. If I were looking to buy (which Im not) Id be much more accepting to someone coming up front and calling the parts replicas, rather than me going to check it out, only to discover they were not authentic.

Personally I dont give a fuck either way in this case.

Nice build though, looks like a hell of a nice car for whoever picks/picked it up. I personally woulda kept the trim black, to make those smoked turns look less noticeable, that IS the reason they make black ones. It would have complimented the grille, lenses, and plate filler. A little contrast is good.
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Its a tight car. Too bad 30 pages of great build comments comes down to this. Rare as defined by websters is "seldom occurring or found" not whether it was OE or OEM or stock.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        Its a tight car. Too bad 30 pages of great build comments comes down to this. Rare as defined by websters is "seldom occurring or found" not whether it was OE or OEM or stock.
                        I never said anything about it not being an awesome car. And you'll note, I also wasn't the one who called him a shady seller. I'm just stating my opinion.

Comment

I see the CL ad has now been deleted, so I am not able to see what was originally written. However, by what I have gathered from the posts here, I totally agree with Janderson's opinion on this. I don't care if it's a Craigslist 'moron' or a typical E30 enthusiast on this forum-I personally am going to be totally upfront and descriptive with any ad I place on a car that I have for sale. Also, ZM brought up a point about the definition of 'rare' to people on the Internet-I can tell you that rare to me means it absolutely MUST be an OE or OEM part-replicas don't count at all-simple as that.

Since the ad was deleted-what is the asking price for the car? I too know EXACTLY what goes into restoring/rebuilding an E30 to this level (I have done it once and I am in the process of doing it again for a friend) so I am just curious.
                          Eric Giles
                          '20 M2 CS
                          '04 M3
                          '11 X5 35D
                          '87 325is
                          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                            I see the CL ad has now been deleted, so I am not able to see what was originally written. However, by what I have gathered from the posts here, I totally agree with Janderson's opinion on this. I don't care if it's a Craigslist 'moron' or a typical E30 enthusiast on this forum-I personally am going to be totally upfront and descriptive with any ad I place on a car that I have for sale. Also, ZM brought up a point about the definition of 'rare' to people on the Internet-I can tell you that rare to me means it absolutely MUST be an OE or OEM part-replicas don't count at all-simple as that.

Since the ad was deleted-what is the asking price for the car? I too know EXACTLY what goes into restoring/rebuilding an E30 to this level (I have done it once and I am in the process of doing it again for a friend) so I am just curious.
                            price in the ad was 11,500.

Comment

My yardstick is simple. I wouldn't post an ad on CL or anywhere else that I would not post on bfc, r3v or e30tech or roundel. Why not full disclosure for all? Besides the same people probably scan CL and you get pwnd anyways :) As for the dyed headliner, carpet. I personally don't consider it rare. Others may but I suppose that's allowable given how people like to embellish a little on FS threads. But to go back to the point of the thread, the build is solid, good job. Are we finally going to see this car at C&C tomorrow?
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Im just throwing it out there but, I think vlad didnt have intention to sell, but to really see the market, and gather interest.

not sure if that makes a difference though.
                                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X