Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the argument that because you did something that not many other people have done makes your carpet rare is funny.

the reason the ad stuck out to me was considering your presence on this message board and the numerous cars you've had built, you seem to know a few things about e30s, as an enthusiast would.

that craigslist ad looks like any other BS joke ad on there that reads like it was written by a bot, or at least someone who knows very little about the car. that reflects on you and the car and it's a disservice to both. you put a lot of work into the car, why not describe it how it actually is. decrying how in depth the project, then showing pics of the windows taped off in the paint booth is ironic.

i am a competent enthusiast, and if i was looking for an e30 with that kind of budget and a desire to buy a completed car, the ad would scare me away. i would think the seller didn't build the car and was trying to find some sucker who didn't know what he was looking at to fool.

AKA any other craiglist ad in NY or NJ haha.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post

i am a competent enthusiast, and if i was looking for an e30 with that kind of budget and a desire to buy a completed car, the ad would scare me away.
      :up: good, I would have less headache dealing with someone like you
      and good luck finding complete car with so many options and so much work that went into it for that price.

To all the others who feel offended by the CL ad - don't buy the car because the black carpet or the headliner is not authentic and will greatly affect the overall performance.

for those who called me a shady seller - it's simple - just don't click on this thread and don't bump it. Those who know me and who bought from me or dealt with me before will prove otherwise

This thread started to remind me of the Howard Stern show...

Edit:
      Originally posted by Janderson View Post
      I'm just stating my opinion.
      Josh, my opinion is that you are not a top seller - I paid you for the hood seals on 7/16 and had to PM you 10 days later because you haven't shipped them. I only got them 2 days ago FYI. More then 2 weeks to ship out an envelope after you were fully paid is kind of ....slow....
      Last edited by vlad; 08-01-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
        Josh, my opinion is that you are not a top seller - I paid you for the hood seals on 7/16 and had to PM you 10 days later because you haven't shipped them. I only got them 2 days ago FYI. More then 2 weeks to ship out an envelope after you were fully paid is kind of ....slow....
        Because that has everything to do with what's being discussed here, right? I apologized for not getting them out to you in a timely fashion.

And you PM'd me on the 24th. That's 8 days later by my count, would you like a calculator?

Comment

Im more offended by the lack of prosties Vlad usually has posing in front of his cars, than anything else.
          Originally posted by blunt
          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

And for what it's worth Vlad, I didn't start this argument. I don't know why you're firing back at me with totally unrelated dirt. As I said, I respect you and your cars. I just had issues with the way the ad was worded. I had no intentions of creating problems or bad blood. My apologies.

Comment

Having bought my vert from Vlad and knowing him, I don't believe he is in the wrong here. When marketing a product for different demographics, the way in which the information is presented needs to be catered to that market. Having witnessed the amount of time and effort put into the car, I can say without a doubt that the car is worth the asking price.

Besides no one on this site is going to buy the car, as evident by all the questions in this very thread about it being for sale.
              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

My opinion - utilize the PM functionality for any unnecessary comments.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                  My opinion - utilize the PM functionality for any unnecessary comments.
                  A fine suggestion. I apologize for further shitting up this thread with my comments about the Craigslist ad, Vlad.

Comment

No one said Vlad was shady (Except one person), or was trying to be malicious with anything they posted. For R3v, I consider everyone well behaved with their criticisms lol.
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Wow, sad to see how quickly the bimmer battalion turns on Vlad like this. After 30+ pages of inquiry, praise and a good build thread it all comes apart.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                        A fine suggestion. I apologize for further shitting up this thread with my comments about the Craigslist ad, Vlad.
                        Thats cool, right there. Typical r3v fashion would have led to more back and forth.

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                        No one said Vlad was shady (Except one person), or was trying to be malicious with anything they posted. For R3v, I consider everyone well behaved with their criticisms lol.
                        Yeah, except for that one, it's just personal opinion being stated. I'll state mine again; It's a very custom car, with rare parts/modifications. I even think he stated in the ad what was replica, etc. Not to mention, I never saw anything that would lead me to compare it to the dozens and dozens of cars i see listed as "Alpina" or "AC schnitzer", and turn out to be a standard model with ebay pedals on it.

I just hope he continues to share his projects online, and provide awsome entertainment. The M6 should be next.
                        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Yeah, the add on CL was a little bit false. I read it when it was still there (why isn't it still there again, hmmmm... we'll let people assume on that one...)

"Rare" dyed carpet and headliner. "One-off", not so much.

Vlad, i saw you at blown euro's and you had your huge "fan-base" all around you so i'm guessing your used to people on your nuts (cus you got money and time to build cars how you see fit). So, its apparent in this thread that when you get any kind of criticism you take it personally. Its all good though.

Bullshit CL adds, like you posted, are not cool.
                          And your statement about it doesn't make anything more valid.
                          I, for one, would be PISSED if I bought your car, just getting into e30's and found out that everything was not true authentic parts.

It'd be like just getting into 240's and someone posted a RHD silvia that was "super rare" in the states and finding out that it was just a US 240 converted to RHD and this and that, but you said its just rare because "not many people ACTUALLY do it". False advertising buddy. Just post what you got how it is and what it is, and you might find that people will respect the honesty and actual hard work that went into building that car that you did... W/O being shady. ;)

Comment

drool.. I would love for you to sell me one of your projects..

Comment

I think if you posted "Here is the build thread of this car and I'm asking $xx,xxx" that the work put into it would sell itself.

That's what sold me on Nina.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

you know what would be crazy?
                                if Vlad would just give me this very car just to show that to him its not all about money and what he can make off of one of his many projects that he throws countless hours and awesomeness into.

this isn't just a prime example of a classy alpine II e30 318is anymore, its a damn work of art.

lets all be real here for a second or two.
                                world renown Harry Potter expert
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X