Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

So it looks like every May I get bitten with an e30 restoration bug :D

pics from the previous restoration of the vert from May 2008

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

pics from the phooshoot in historic Downtown Brooklyn

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Good news is that this time it's not red and first time in my life I am dealing with the 318iS 4 banger. After driving Levent's 318iS, I loved it so much that I decided to get myself this limited edition, recession special, Motorsport wanna be :up:

after quick search we found clean 318iS. It had few dings and usual trouble spots

as soon as the car got to my shop we ripped it appart. I wish we took more pics of how it looked before we started this restoration

Levent did his usual magic on the cluster: rings, painted needles and Alpina tach strip

then he pretended to work on the Alpina front airdam (note the missing airhose)

usual battery tray cancer and minor damage on the back valence

took the interior out, already replaced the steering wheel

smoked the tails

started with the bodywork, getting rid of all the minor dings, chips and imprefections

Rolled the fenders

primered

decided to clean the engine bay a little - valve cover getting prepped

painted the engine bay

before

after

before

next was suspension and brakes

rebuilt and painted the calipers, all new stainless steel lines, new rotors, new pads

new shocks, springs, control arms, tire rods, bushings, etc..etc...

new tranny mounts, guibo, short shifter

$600 worth of just maintainence parts: hoses, filters, spark plugs, water pump, gaskets, etc..etc...

after the complete tune-up we replaced the windshield wiper and relay that were frozen and installed single wiper conversion

waiting to do more prep work before the paint job on Monday !

more pics to come tomorrow !

what color is that?
    sigpic

Comment

very nice

7speedshop.com

Comment

Funny how all these projects start in my driveway, with the play ground in the back ground.
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

geese i wish i had the time/money/know how to do all that to my car, god knows she needs it!

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
            what color is that?
            Primerwiebschwarz.

And P.S Vlad.. I hate you.. Want to paint my car? lol
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

That's a lot of work in a short amount of time!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                That's a lot of work in a short amount of time!

Thats what happens when 5 guys work on a car at one time.... If we didnt have to wait for the damn parts we would be done by now.

Not to mention Vlad going from "Man this car is mint, good find, all Im going to do is fix the battery tray..." to, full paint job even the engine bay.
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
                  what color is that?
                  Its white

Comment

so THIS is what you had cookin. As much as Id like to think it will be a full replica, I doubt you'd do that with the M42 still in it. Now blow that M42 with a small blower and smaller boost and you have a nuts little car! GL man!
                    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                      Thats what happens when 5 guys work on a car at one time.... If we didnt have to wait for the damn parts we would be done by now.

Not to mention Vlad going from "Man this car is mint, good find, all Im going to do is fix the battery tray..." to, full paint job even the engine bay.
                      I need friends like that. My "friends" just come over, drink my beer and sit there.... maybe I can find someone on ebay ;)
                      09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                      05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                      87 BMW 325is
                      a few bicycles

Comment

Can't wait to see how this comes out! Maybe I'll get some ideas for my 318 from you beasts

Tim
                        1991 318is

Comment

This is going to be sick.

Comment

Can I seriously come live with you guys?

My dream shit right there
                            E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Funny how all these projects start in my driveway, with the play ground in the back ground.
                              haha.. so funny and SOOOooo true, I just realized that ! :up:

god honest truth, all I wanted to do was to fix the battery tray, then the stone chips in the front irritated me, then there was few dings on the door, then... you know how the story goes :D

Originally posted by Hodge View Post
                              Can I seriously come live with you guys?

My dream shit right there
                              you should see what Levent and Turk turned my warehouse into in 3 days !

Mark D chip installation

Comment

Working...
                              X