Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse - every May I start new e30 project - Recession special 318iS ! 56k Death !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this man gives my life meaning.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

replaced the oil in it today, also replaced the old radiator

car is getting polished and buffed today, we'll get the windows tinted tomorrow and then will start putting the interior together !

Meanwhile, Levent is playing with some tinted lights

Comment

the lights look great

e24 e9 e30
        IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Tints, Really? Why are you going to hide all of that hard work you put into the interior??
          I say no tints. Looks so much cleaner on a white car..

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
            Here you go:

-clean carpet
            -mask surrounding areas
            -spray it
            -let it dry

Yes, it really is that easy. Some also like to use a bristle brush before it cures to separate the fibers.
            Did you do a certain # of coats or just until you got the color you hoped? Did you get this done with 2-3 cans of the Duplicolor?

It looks amazing! Mine is torn down to the part where if I am gonna do it I might as well right now! Thanks for the inspiration!
            1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
              Tints, Really? Why are you going to hide all of that hard work you put into the interior??
              I say no tints. Looks so much cleaner on a white car..
              i may have to agree with this... and i have tinted every vehicle i have ever owned, prior to the e30... you saw the caddy, i like my stuff dark!

hey you sure you dont want to build a sedan?:nice:

did levent tint the lights? I have a spare set for an early car we can tint...
              sigpic

Comment

Please dont go with tints. I dont think it will look good. White car looks better without.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                  replaced the oil in it today, also replaced the old radiator

Man, I would love to see if I could get an M42 radiator to work on my car, then I could get rid of the coolant expansion tank, and that side of my engine bay would be totally bare. :D

Comment

yeah you should 318is radiators are less then $200. or at least last time I checked
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      Man, I would love to see if I could get an M42 radiator to work on my car, then I could get rid of the coolant expansion tank, and that side of my engine bay would be totally bare. :D
                      If you're still using the M20 you can. That is the same radiator I had on my E30 because I wanted to get rid of the expansion tank and easier bleeding of the system. You only need the hose that come from the back of the heater core to the front.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                      :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Yes you can. This is what i have planned out for the touring. That, no ABS, iX washer tank, and a few other bits. I love a clean engine bay.
                        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

You want ABS. And I'd get an aluminium radiator with the sidetank rather than an M42 radiator if you intend to put out any serious power.
                          As to the 318... do we have any data on durability?

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
                            Yes you can. This is what i have planned out for the touring. That, no ABS, iX washer tank, and a few other bits. I love a clean engine bay.
                            Same here. But I'm keeping my ABS. I've already removed my washer fluid tank, the cruise control module, and the entire AC system.

What type of hose re-routing do you have to do to make it work? I have an early model, BTW. Might be tough to make work.

Comment

What type of hose re-routing do you have to do to make it work? I have an early model, BTW. Might be tough to make work.
                              I'm working on figuring this out atm, I need to really get my hands on an m42 rad first though. I've got an early and our systems are very different. Off to the Bentley!
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
                                You want ABS. And I'd get an aluminium radiator with the sidetank rather than an M42 radiator if you intend to put out any serious power.
                                As to the 318... do we have any data on durability?
                                im running the m42 radiator in my car... stroked and overbored m50 with 20 psi of boost. never had a problem.

lookin good Vlad.

Comment

Working...
                                X