Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A picture's worth 1000 words... so here's your bible! (335i Doritos debut!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360mm steering wheel. My issue with that is that the seat sits so low that I feel like a truck driver without an adjustable steering height. I gotta lower the column a bit.

- Erick
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

for a 360mm it looks big haha i could see what you mean by truck driver. my brothers corolla and my friends s13 have deep dish steering wheels and at full tilt up feels like a bus haha

Comment

So fucking sick Erick. I'm glad everything came together and the car finally got on the track.

Can't wait to see it more dialed in and more media coverage!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
          all the guys that are really good ive ever talked to at the track say you need to love your ebrake haha. realistically your gonna need it for alot of tech turns..
          >_< Everyone uses the E-brake. It's the first technique you learn when drifting (most of the time). It has it's place and I recognize that. I'm not saying I refuse to use the thing. But I feel like it is over used and scrubs off too much speed when not used in the right situation. I try to avoid using the E-brake to try to get away from what I consider to be my crutch.

I'm also not saying Erick is doing bad. For the "run what you brought" situation he's in, I think he does a hell of a lot better than guys that have spent years refining their cars. He does great through the whole video. But I refuse to be the guy that sucks nuts and says "woo great job" when constructive criticism (even if its wrong) can spark someone to think differently, try something else, and get better.

Plain and simple my only (ONLY) criticism is: Another initiation technique could work for that first corner. (and then I gave what I thought were examples)

Comment

what valance/lip is that?
            89 325i parts car
            90 325i in progress
            ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
            --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

It's Eurostop's Alpina replica.

Someone on bf.c asked me if it was a home depot lip. I giggled. :p

By the way.... on the in-car video, thoughts in the editing? Do you guys like the annotations and the final clip or should I just stick to putting stritcly action shots with no commentary??

As for constructive criticism, I'm all for it, but it clearly seems that the thesis of all your arguments is that the ebrake is a terrible tool. Every point you bring up seems to want to back that up, when it simply isn't true. I read you saying that sometimes ebrake is OK, and even still you manage to write it in a way that gives me the impression that you'd rip the ebrake out if you could.

There are cases where an ebrake is unecessary, I agree. There's one guy locally who goes 40mph on a 60mph turn and hugs the ebrake, going down to 25-30mph. Good thing he sports a V8 to keep tires spinning at such a slow speed.

But let's be real... some of the most awesome drifting relies on ebrakes. You cannot do wall riding entries unless you use a lot of braking. 95% of people will use ebrakes, and an insane 5% will actually slam the foot pedal and lock all 4 with the bumper on the wall. Case in point (note 0:35, 0:41, 0:56, 1:04, 1:16):

Actually thinking about it now, I remember in April of '07, when I was qualifying for NOPI. I had one of the fastest entries on the track (68mph vs the fastest 72mph). Guess how I entered. ;)

Note at 0:48 and 5:51

But I rest my case. If you concur, then by all means... if not, then hey.... maybe we'll tandem someday. :)
              Last edited by Erick; 06-10-2009, 08:40 AM.
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

I love the commentary. I think it adds a personal touch.

Comment

DAMMIT Erick you are BEAST!!!
                  :pimp:

I went to the event on sunday and saw you there.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice flames at 1:43 in the last vid haha

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Drifting with a rack?
                      EPIC!

Comment

Sick!
                        -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                        Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                        Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                        Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                        Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Finally! I was wondering when we'd get to see the car drifting. But where is the wing? Its just too hot to not include.
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

the rack probably does the same job as the wing with that one piece in the front. it might actually give a lot of down force now that i think about it!

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                              Finally! I was wondering when we'd get to see the car drifting. But where is the wing? Its just too hot to not include.
                              Wing was sold. I had plans for new stuff but they fell through.

So I'm looking to see what I'm going to go.

Thanks v8fc3s for the picture!!! Much appreciated :) Any chance you have more pics?

Feedback Thread

Comment

yeah i have like 3 more but they didnt come out as good :(

im loading them up, give me a min. i also got a vid of one of your runs.

it left me

Comment

Working...
                                X