Mieke Died Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mieke Died Today

Pictures on page 4 I woke up this morning to my girlfriend calling and asking to come over before school. She came over around 7 am and told me that our relationship (that I thought was the most perfect thing ever created by man. litterally, not a single complant about the girl) wasn't working for her and that she didn't want to be together.

I sat through 4 hours of German class... hardly able to think of the difference between a question and and answer, and so after class was done I went for a drive. I found the most perfect road in connecticut and rhode island (RT 14 for anyone in the area) Perfect sweeping curves, high speed limits, almost no traffic of any kind, great vista views... PERFECT.

after about 100 miles of driving back roads all over CT and RI, I headed back to school... 5 miles from home a kid in a blue Dodge Caravan pulled out in front of me (to make a left hand turn) while i was driving the speed limit - 45mph - not even 25 feet in front of me. needless to say i couldn't do a damn thing but hit the breaks, and brace for impact while blaring on the horn.

long story short: the car is totaled. The body is torqued... even the A-pillar bent. I went to the ER and they said I'll be okay, but the car that I just put the m30 in is toast.

I'll post pictures tomorrow if i can get a ride to where they towed it.

and NO, I AM NOT PARTING THE CAR OUT - all usable parts, once i buy it back from insurance, will be used on my 325eta.

i loved Mieke more than i think any person should love a car, and now... she's scrap. stupid 17 year old kids driving their mom's stupid minivans.... grrrrr. (oh, and p.s. the first thing i did after the accident and hugging my car yelling 'im sorry!' was to pick up the kid's glasses and walk to his car to make sure he was okay)

worst day i've had in a while.
    /rant
    Last edited by learningcurve86; 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM.
    Greg

that sucks big time, sorry to hear

Comment

sorry for your loss.

i know how you feel...
      sigpic

Comment

pics

Comment

Wow Greg very sorry for your loss and personal issues. Just take it easy and build another and another and another etc....
          92 Granite Silver Vert
          M60B40 5spd

Comment

i didn't take any today, as soon as i had it towed i went to the ER. my back is killing me.

45 to 0 in 1/2 second hurts a lot.

they'll come though.
            Greg

Comment

that sucks man.. im glad you didnt go out and do anything stupid.. just happpened to be in the wrong spot at the right time..

If the girl wasn't meant to be, you'll get over it..If not you;ll have her back..

stay on your toes bro !

Comment

wally, is your car still for sale? :-p
                Greg

Comment

Thanks guys. Oh, and i got a C on my german test.

ftl.

on the good side: the really hot german professor was worried about me :)
                  Greg

Comment

pics of the professor or the car asap...

Hope you recover quick, sorry to hear of your loss.
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Glad you're ok, sucks about the car though....:(
                      09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                      05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                      87 BMW 325is
                      a few bicycles

Comment

wow. im so sorry man. funny thing is about the same thing happened to me right before xmas. girl friend braking up with me and vehicle coming out of no where, almost the same story to the letter. hope life gets better.
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by 32.5i View Post
                          If the girl wasn't meant to be, you'll get over it..If not you;ll have her back..
                          this is true. sorry to hear about the car.
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Damn, what a bad day!! Sorry to hear man. :( Best of luck recovering and building an even better e30!

Comment

too bad it wasn't your {ex} girlfriend driving the minivan .

Comment

Working...
                              X