Project Barn Built

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FetusGoulash
    replied
    Originally posted by hootie
    Hey I am gonna do shadowline soon. When you did the rear doors did you paint it with the door open or did you just mask everything and paint it with the door closed?

    The rear kink is the hardest part to paint.
    Just put a length of tape under the lip of the chrome trim. you should be able to slide it underneath with no problem. i left the doors closed the whole time and it worked fine and the paint seemed to get into the areas below the door line. the only issue i have is where the slider clamp piece is on the back end of the drip rail, since it can be moved along the rail it has moved a 10th of an inch and i can see exposed chrome now.

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Originally posted by FetusGoulash
    Good call.. but i am still not as low as possible
    Hey I am gonna do shadowline soon. When you did the rear doors did you paint it with the door open or did you just mask everything and paint it with the door closed?

    The rear kink is the hardest part to paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • FetusGoulash
    replied
    Good call.. but i am still not as low as possible

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA

    Get car, get BBS, go low as possible
    I think this quote is worthy of quoting. In fact, i think i will put it in my signature.

    for a little while anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Originally posted by constructor
    This looks great!
    Thanks. I should have some more pictures of it this weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • constructor
    replied
    Originally posted by hootie
    Here are some pics taken by Mike at Fluid Motor Union (btw these guys are amazing and do basically any work you throw at them):

    WARNING: I AM PARKED ON A SPEED BUMP IN THIS PICTURE. THIS WAS WHERE I WAS PARKED WHEN I WALKED TO THE CAR AND DIDNT FEEL LIKE MOVING IT BEFORE I TOOK ONE. I AM NOT TRYING TO PRETEND THAT MY EXHAUST IS .5 INCH OFF THE GROUND.


    This looks great!

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    If for some reason you don't see the need for center caps, please give them to me. I have ARE's and would like some. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Rears are 16x8 with 43 mm adapters. Fronts are 16x7 with 38.5 mm adapters. I am working on a set of 16x9's so I can put the 16x8's up front, and move some tires around for more stretch then a bigger adapter up front.

    Leave a comment:


  • FetusGoulash
    replied
    That looks sick! i love the third shot. what are the specs? 16x8 in the rear? how wide of adapters?
    I will be running 16x8 rear with 25mm adapters i hope it is close to that

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Here are some pics taken by Mike at Fluid Motor Union (btw these guys are amazing and do basically any work you throw at them):









    WARNING: I AM PARKED ON A SPEED BUMP IN THIS PICTURE. THIS WAS WHERE I WAS PARKED WHEN I WALKED TO THE CAR AND DIDNT FEEL LIKE MOVING IT BEFORE I TOOK ONE. I AM NOT TRYING TO PRETEND THAT MY EXHAUST IS .5 INCH OFF THE GROUND.


    Leave a comment:


  • FetusGoulash
    replied
    Cant wait to see what they will look like on the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Got camber plates put in yesterday, the guys at fluid motor union took some pics. Just waiting till they are uploaded and ill find you your plastic bumpered twin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lof8
    replied
    Car looks great. Your shadowline is doing wonders. I'd love to see those Porsche wheels on there.

    Leave a comment:


  • FetusGoulash
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammered
    they are 15x6

    The Vegas are actually 11.5 or 12" wheels. They are massive
    Your wrong newb! damn aircooled kids....
    The ARE's (not bbs) are actually 16x7 or 7.5

    Bryan now tells me the rears of the Vegas are 11".. i need to measure and test fit to be sure

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    I like it. it doesn't look expensive and that's the appeal it has. Now I really want to see those wheels on that car.

    Leave a comment:

Working...