No announcement yet.

Hennarot '84 eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ dang. Can you get it welded up and planed?
    cars beep boop

Comment

I'm jealous there I said it.

Where did you source these from?

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
      Shat!

Well, I had the 'new' b23 head completly stripped and ready to assemble with new valves, guides, springs and seals and then I figured, "Hey, I should get this thing as clean and shiny as possable before I go any further..."

Two cans of cleaner and a lot less carbon later I go to start assembling and there is a nice crack staring me in the face between the #5 intake valve seat and the spark-plug port. Pissed, I start looking further and there is the exact same crack (but not as apparent) in the #4 cylender too.

The cracks dont go all the way to the coolant jacket which I guess is why they didn't fail pressure but shit. I guess I'm more concerned about how they run underneath the valve seats. Anyone ever lost a seat on an m20?

Either way I'm trying to source another -731 head.

Just be happy that you didn't build it completely then to find out that there where 2 cracks in it.

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        ^^ dang. Can you get it welded up and planed?
        I'm gonna see what I can do. Anything is salvagable, for a price. Since it is cracked in two places, and the valve seats in those cylenders will have to be cut out and replaced, I might be able to source a whole other head for the cost of doing that. I'm already working a line on one...

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post

I'm jealous there I said it.

Where did you source these from?

Just be happy that you didn't build it completely then to find out that there where 2 cracks in it.
        I got the smilies via ePay from a seller in Germany. They were complete with all the connectors for a reasonable opening bid. I bid the minimum. I won. I happy.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Great thread. Like what you are doing!

Comment

Thanks!

As for an update, I should have another (freshly rebuilt) m20b23 -731 head on my doorstep this week...

Comment

sweet! you're pushing me towards putting on a 731 head. i just need my stock head to go lol.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I love the upholstery. '84 hennarots Unite! :D

Mmmm
                Der Cherry Bomb

Comment

looks great

Comment

Haven't updated this in a while. Unfortunatly this might be the last update for quite some time to come...

Anyway, I was hoping to have a few of the projects done on this car before I left (I'm currently on my way to Southwst Asia again) but never realy got around to them.

The stroker project is still sitting in pieces but when I get back the final specs should be something to the tune of... Motronic 1.3 upgrade with a -153 DME (with a MarkD chip), Freshly rebuilt -731 m20b23 head with cam, IE Shorty Headers, with a few other tweeks here and there. All the bits and pieces were either sitting on my workbench or 'in the mail' when I left a few days ago. I should be able to just assemble and drop the engine in when I get back.

The other project is my new wheels. I have five BBS RS-001s completly disassembled with new lips and center nuts waiting for me. On the homecoming list is blasting the centers and reapplying fresh paint (Acura Vogue Silver) and then reassembly and wrapping in Falken Ziex ZE912s in 205/55R15 which are also standing by in the garage. The wheels are going to remain stock specs (15x7 ET25) except for the half height nuts.

I can't wait to get home to my Henna... (oh, and my wife too ;))
                    Last edited by RainierHooker; 06-23-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Well everything is looking tip top, best of luck overseas!
                      BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

Yeah your car looks great. So clean.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal323i View Post
                          I love the upholstery. '84 hennarots Unite! :D

very nice collection!
                          Originally posted by 416stroker
                          well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                            Haven't updated this in a while. Unfortunatly this might be the last update for quite some time to come...
                            Are you home yet!?

4 year old bump. Whats up! I love this car.
                            -Nick
                            Originally posted by 87e30
                            First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by butler View Post
                              are you home yet!?

4 year old bump. Whats up! I love this car.
                              +1

Comment

He's been home, just doesn't update this thread, I guess.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X