X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as you mentioned loosing to a Honda, I knew you were a ThaiRicer

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

haha It has coils and the rear isnt slammed all the way while the fronts are. But my E30 m42 was pretty fast I would eat up M20's all day. But yes this E36 is a M42 and the only reason I "raced" civic was because he floored and I could tell by his fart can and I just wanted to see if I can catch up. Which was a no-no

Comment

you lost to a SOHC 4 banger!! you sir.... suck!

Comment

whyyy dude? what the fuck? shouldve spent less time/money on lights and purple bottlecap lips. the 4cyl e36 is probably one of the last BMWs i would choose to own. im disappointed.

edit- you ate up m20 e30s all day? what mods were done to your m42 e30 to make this possible?

Comment

<brake light circuit failure>
            '88 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
              And boy is it slow or what!
              Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
              haha It has coils and the rear isnt slammed all the way while the fronts are. But my E30 m42 was pretty fast I would eat up M20's all day. But yes this E36 is a M42 and the only reason I "raced" civic was because he floored and I could tell by his fart can and I just wanted to see if I can catch up. Which was a no-no
              Well it looks retarded as hell like that.

You don't make sense. You first say your e30 m42 is slowwww. But then you say your e30 was pretty fast and would eat up m20s all day. I call BS on that one. Sure, if it were an eta I could possibly see that, but still.

I can't believe you bought a heaiver car, with basically the same exact motor that was in your slow e30. You, my friend...you fail.
              M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                Well it looks retarded as hell like that.

You don't make sense. You first say your e30 m42 is slowwww. But then you say your e30 was pretty fast and would eat up m20s all day. I call BS on that one. Sure, if it were an eta I could possibly see that, but still.

I can't believe you bought a heaiver car, with basically the same exact motor that was in your slow e30. You, my friend...you fail.

O that was my lil rant about the E36 since the thread is for this car sorry if you got confused.

Comment

he was calling this e36 of his slow. just goes to show that e30's seperate men from boys. thai, your car was not a far ways of from being nice, you just \stopped caring apparently

the stuff you needed to do were very basic things, ive torn down my e30 twice since its been to the shop for its rear trailing arm bushings just to inspect them for wear and relube them...... and its been well documented that e36's dont have the build quality that e30's had.

my .02
                  My feedback:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                  @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                    wtf
                    Originally posted by red325 View Post
                    Yeah, I hate you.
                    Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    So you went from slow to something else thats slow :p
                    damn that is bad, if you dnt want that e30 I'll take it e36's are heavy and specialy with the m42 damn man wtf^^^ can't believe it.

But you sir is your decision..
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                      whyyy dude? what the fuck? shouldve spent less time/money on lights and purple bottlecap lips. the 4cyl e36 is probably one of the last BMWs i would choose to own. im disappointed.

edit- you ate up m20 e30s all day? what mods were done to your m42 e30 to make this possible?

IDK I raced favio with 2 extra passenger and beat him, I also raced a 325i and won by like a car and a half. The M42 was pretty stock mainly just a cone filter.

But I was going to opt for the 325 but the guy didnt want to sell it for the price I was offering. I also had a 1989 325ix lined up for 800 but the guy gave me his phone number a day late and I needed a car the same day. The E30 had more fixes then I would like to spend on it. I only bought the E30 for 300 dollar+ a Iphone and sold it for 2100 then picked up this E36 for 1500 and still have cash left for bills and what not.
                      Last edited by ThaiRacer; 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                        he was calling this e36 of his slow. just goes to show that e30's seperate men from boys. thai, your car was not a far ways of from being nice, you just \stopped caring apparently

the stuff you needed to do were very basic things, ive torn down my e30 twice since its been to the shop for its rear trailing arm bushings just to inspect them for wear and relube them...... and its been well documented that e36's dont have the build quality that e30's had.

my .02

I agree with you, its a big difference. The E30 is more rigid and firm. And it would hug the road while I feel like im driving a boat in te E36. I dont have a job to support the E30 like I wish plus I gave most of the left over money to help with my family since my mother just got laid off. I mean I never really expected to sell because I was just randomly talking to a random dude about my car one day and then the next day he offered to buy it.

Comment

ehhh i own a e30 318is with some minor engine mods and it definitely payed off to just put a few hundred bucks into that engine (ltw flywheel ftw).. i also got the head rebuilt though. it runs like a dream and i'm getting about 6.8 0-60 times w/o a ton of new components being broken in. i know thats not "fast" but its fun as hell to drive and its fast enough to put a smile on your face. however, that engine in an e36 just seems like a bad idea. i own a '96 328IS and it's fun... but it also has a lot more power.

Comment

Yeah thats the only regret I'm having now in the E36. Like I cant even burn out WTF!???

Comment

omg.. -_-

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

none of these cars are fast in stock form really. but its funny you say your e30 with stock worn out suspension was rigid and firm in comparison to your new e36 with coilovers that feels like a boat. haha! its cool you came out of the deal with a little extra cash though.

edit- and stop doing burnouts/trying to! jeeze...

Comment

Working...
                                X