No announcement yet.

318i to M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling you have a 318i title for that m3 huh? Maybe someone couldn't title it as an m3 and convinced you it was a conversion so they could unload it... just a guess.
    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

OK here we go

Now I how on earth did that get there hugh? Listen I am comming form the e46M world where I had several sponsors http://mashaw.net/GalleryPages/GalleryBMW.html
      (yes that is my babdy the alpine white with raw cf on the company site) another shot of my baby after paint that I built before she was stolen last November

I had more into that thing than I care to talk about so please do not insult your intelligence or my honor by claiming that this was an original M. What would I gain by that. Wait I know I get to reg. the car as a 318i and never get the real value or prestige oh and lets not foget that a bunch of guys and girls on line will like me.

Please I had several real sponsors as is evidence by my car on the MA Shaw site and having it be the beta for the UUC vipercross intake but hey I know lets throw it all away just to impress a bunch of kids (mentally)O.K. GUYS you got me please like me (sense the sarcasm).

Now a little history about the car. I got it from a collector that had over thirty cars and it was a project that he started a long long long time ago (car sat outside for several years which is why there is rust on the exterior) and after several accidents from racing he lost interest and I was in the right place at the right time. It came with two trans, two diffs, to sets of suspension componants and a slew of other parts. Granted I may be off a year as I am not looking at the title but you guys can get the jist.

Now let me say this; I posted the pics because I was asked to not because I was looking for acceptance and if it was a fluke badging from the factory (which I know it wasn't) than hey better for me. Either way it is what is and I would ask all those that have issues believeing this to just google the conversions as there are quite a few that have gone through this exact process (and I was warned by one of them that this would happen). Trust me I wish it was an M because I would sell it in a second with all the spares as that would leave me with a hefty deposit for my SLC. Better yet why don't one of you buy the thing from me with all the parts for $12000. If it's reall that is one heck of a deal guys so pony up actually it's one heck of a deal period.
      Last edited by alpn333; 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

this is r3v gold. i dont know what the fuck to think. my best guess is this fucker is 14 and this is his older less gay brothers m3
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I would wonder what is going on with this title and car too. 318is' did not come around until 91. BMW made an m10 318 in 84-85 but didn't made anthing but an m3 and a 325 in 89. Show us a clear picture of the sticker in the door jam that has the production date on it.
          Last edited by madformx5; 12-30-2009, 09:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

The car was reg previously as a 318I and here is a little bit of info that I didn't put out there because I wanted to see just how far you guys would take this. It had it's vin plate removed long ago and had to go back to N.Y. DMV for a thurough going over and new vin plate. Here is the new vin decal from DMV. Now let me get this straight; with all of this you guys still have issues. Seriously how about saying wow nice find and good luck or something else supportive instead of insinuating that the previous owner, the state of New York, and the state inspector were all in cahoots. You guys def. buy into conspiracy theories around here I see.

Comment

Again as stated I may be off on the year of production by a few but it is the same body style regardless (e30) so that really shouldn't matter should it? Oh and BTW I'm 36 and you sir could go jump in a lake. I don't care if it is an 89-90-or 91. that is semantics and you guys know it. So now pull your panties out and relax guys I know that some of you have nothing better to do or live for but please there is more to life than hanging on to semantics.

Comment

Don't worry about them who cares about the stickers and stuff I'm just interested in watching your build. This thing is starting to look pretty awsome nice work! Good luck

Comment

Well since I see how this place is enjoy your small world as I have proven my case and I really have nothing further to say about the matter. If any of you have any technical questions or suggestions as far as the build goes I would love to hear them but please lets not waste any more time with this crap as it is a waste of everyones time.

Comment

Thanks bimmerman16

Comment

this is R3V, you are going to catch a bunch of shit sooner or later
                      -Andy

Comment

So its a 84-85 318? That blows....Id find a M3 shell and swap all of that shit over, Especially since the front radiator support is so beat to shit.
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like you have quite a bit of rust to take care of?

Comment

yikes. good luck with that whole thing
                            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

pretty cool.
                              but wow, the P.O went through a lot of tough shit with this car....damn its got everything from an m3.
                              But what the fuck's up with everyone gutting the shit of their cars?
                              It's cool to have rear seats...with a cage.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by alpn333 View Post
                                Again as stated I may be off on the year of production by a few but it is the same body style regardless (e30) so that really shouldn't matter should it? Oh and BTW I'm 36 and you sir could go jump in a lake. I don't care if it is an 89-90-or 91. that is semantics and you guys know it. So now pull your panties out and relax guys I know that some of you have nothing better to do or live for but please there is more to life than hanging on to semantics.

Not sure why you're so defensive but year does matter since we never got an 89 318i here in the US and if we did it would have the larger - later taillights. Your car does appear to have certain M3 specific features on the body itself. Do you know what they are? What does you owning a nice E46 M3 have to do with knowing about E30's? I don't see the connection.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X