Figured I'd Share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured I'd Share.

Someone posted another thread but I figured I'd share it myself. Copy & Pasted from my site:
    Well, I don't want to be "that" guy... the one who is too attached to a car for his own good. The one who actually cares about his car, and in a sense more than "I don't want to curb a wheel", or "don't nick my paint".... but honestly, I am that guy.

We all have cars that we consider "our baby"... and for me, that has always been my e36. I bought the e28 as a replacement for a daily driver.

I didn't know getting in to it that this e28 was going to become such a part of who I am. I changed the way I look at cars. It changed the way that people look at me. To many it was just another car on the bandwagon... and that's cool with me... but I never expected my car to become a conversation piece.... something to be argued over for pages and pages, month after month across the web. A magazine feature? Two? I had ever in my wildest dreams thought it would happen... after all, it was just a car.

Most of you know that about a year ago, I lent the car to a friend.... Back then, it was a solidly clean car, with no real flaws... until it was abruptly stopped by a semi truck, resulting in not only the A-pillar damage that you still see today, but a crushed front end that I put back together using a parts car I had at the time.

That accident was the rebirth of my car. I marked a moment in time where it went from an asset to a canvas. I had no excuse not to go "all the way" with it... and so I did. Okay, yeah, cool, I rusted a car. A lot of other people have too, and we all know that.

Rusty was more than just a hipstermobile to me though. Rusty honestly led me to some of the greatest friendships I have today... scratch that.. ALL of the friendships I maintain today have some rooting involved with this stupid car. It's done more than drive me coast-to-coast, it has never let me down during any of it. This car is a champ- and I beat the hell out of it too.

Honestly, if it wasn't for Rusty, this site wouldn't be here. It simply wouldn't exist.

I'm going on and on about stuff and haven't really given any info yet, so I'll explain it the best I can.

Ever since the accident a year ago, the front driver's side tire has worn a bit differently than the others. The clearance to the fender was a little different than before, but nothing to alarm me. After all, this car was deemed "totaled".

It wasn't until last week that I took the car to a friend's shop, and while there, and inspecting the car for the first time, we realized that the frame up there is tweaked. Hard.

I brushed it off as if it were nothing. Honestly, I didn't care in the least...
    but after close inspection, the body has been cracking a bit, and its starting to separate.

I wanted to ignore it.
    I really, really wanted to ignore it.
    Bad.

I said to myself "it's been fine all along, It'l be fine. I'll drive it until it falls apart".

A few days ago, my best friend slipped through my hands, so to speak. Gracefully sliding my way over a speed bump, shit went to hell.

I don't really know what else to say right now. I towed her home one last time. The motor comes out tomorrow- it's going to Nic and Steph for the Bavaria build. Webb is taking the suspension for his car. The wheels will go into storage until another day, down the road when I feel like a car is worthy of following up Rusty's footsteps.

I'm depressed over this. Best car I've ever owned. Hand down.
    There's a constant joke going on among friends that I owe this car for everything its done for me... and its true.

I made a video today. It's lame, but I wanted to do one last "shoot".

So here it is- Rusty, this one's for you.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3996 Read for the full story. "Rusty" 1985-2010 My first video. Shot with my 5D MKII.

I know most weren't a fan over here- as I've said I can understand and appreciate that.

Pics of current status:

Last edited by SpasticDwarf; 02-08-2010, 10:39 PM.

first.

Comment

Pics of damage and stripped car not loading?
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

dumpster shot?

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I know the feeling of "I owe this car for everything its done for me." Having the car I have when I got it affected my financial decisions, choice to do the power auto program in high school (just to learn, but I met some great friends from it) as well as this forum and the locals I've met. All...because of a car. All the time you spend in it and the memories it gives you from road trips with friends and the memories of working on it with friends isn't something that won't be forgotten.

Granted, I just like a good amount else here hated the "hipster" feel of it, but as I said, I get it.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
          No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Video won't play, and...

Comment

Sorry to see it go. I can't say I liked all the style, but it was different, and I like that. Can't wait to see the e36 done, hope this puts that car on the front burner again. Good luck with what evers next, I'm sure it'll stand out.

Comment

R.I.P.

To all the good times RUSTY brought you.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Bummer.

I always thought it was an interesting car, but cant say I would do that type of styling myself though. I do love the photography as well.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

This is a bummer.

That car was art.
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Sucks to see such a controversial car hit the grave. Make the next project even crazier, to do anything less would be a shame to this e28. Gluck man.
                      Originally posted by csermonet47
                      Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

wow very cool. i like it. please share some more pics :mrgreen:
                        *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Please, just do that other car we talked about. It really was fitting in the theme.

Comment

On to bigger and better things. I think it's fitting the car dies at some point, had a great run!

Awesome garage too!
                            Originally posted by z31maniac
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

LOL that video was UBER dramatic! You <3 Rack focusing.
                              -Erik
                              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                              X