X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio rescue unit. (mtechII inside)

Updated 09/09/10 post #87

The Story
    Well it was slow at work one day and my local Clist was dry of anything that interest me. Im always on the hunt for a deal or even something rare to gawk at. I spread my radius a bit and came to this ad for this car about an hour away. Its been for sale for about 2 weeks by the time I saw it. I called up the owner and he was on vacation for another week and a half. Why is this car still sitting there, i thought? As many e30 nuts there are? Too far out from everybody other than farmers i guess because that is where I found it...on a farm! I went to check it out and it was well worth my low buying price. A project for sure but plenty of potential! I rescued it, drove it home, and waited for the next day to do some cleaning.
    The history
    Not sure. All the PO could tell me is that it was once in Hawaii. He bought it with the MT2 already installed. I thought it was going to be the apearance pkg but it aint. He had too many projects and this ones gotta go.
    The Car
    1991 325icA
    DOB 3/91
    103K on broken odometer
    M-technic II body kit OEM!!! side marker deletes too.
    Eibach lowering springs and shocks are "suppose to be" sports to accomodate the lowered stance.
    Bcap in spare is a dead givaway that its a normal 325i vert.
    Pix

[SIZE=2]
    The dash is done for!

Drivers is by far the worst.

Killer Blaupunkt mp3/usb/cd/remote/bluetooth. I was happy to have a cd playing when I got my Glacier vert!

Brown top. Window is near perfect...after someone stiched in a new one.

Electric top aint working right now but i hafta reset it to see if there is hope.

And what I can tell are these are Voxx 17x7 (someone please chime in if you have different info) And, they had to black...ew!!!

The paint was hurting but there is life under it all. Its just gonna take a but of time.

I took a bunch of pix before just so I can go from this...

to this! It just changes the car. First thing for sale on clist!

I just had to find out. Not as bad as I thought... haha

Mid cleaning.
    [SIZE=2]
    This is a bug sponge that I go for xmas. It was brand new before it touched this car. This is after the first layer of grime was taken off. Its the only time i have ever used a bug sponge on a whole car.

The Plan
    Not sure. For 1, I dont have space to store (keep collecting) e30s. This one will be the first to go. It will be for sale. I have though about taking the MT2 kit off and donating it my Glacier. Two, this car aint perfect, no where near the condition of my other. New leathers, dash, and for some of you "sticklers" a 5spd, this will be a real nice car. Im prolly gonna start a project thread and see how far it takes me under limited fundage...until someone wants to offer me some descent money.
    ...and then there were three.

Cheers!
    Last edited by N2MYE30; 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM.

COTM

moar pics

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Just part it out, You will be sure to make whatever you paid for it back..

Comment

awesome find!

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Nice save. I think the MtechII alone made it worthwhile.

lol @ teh wing.
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

The m-2 kit would sure look nice on your blue car.

Comment

if you wanna part with the rear wing, pm me.
              sigpic

Comment

Wait you took the wing off? How are you going to race now?

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
                  moar pics
                  I just got it so there aint much more. I polished some more last night and its gonna clean up nice. Ill sake some better pix with a better carmera later.

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                  Just part it out, You will be sure to make whatever you paid for it back..
                  This has crossed my mind but the car runs great

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                  awesome find!
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                  Nice save. I think the MtechII alone made it worthwhile.

lol @ teh wing.
                  Thats what I thought when I was inquiring about it. And yeah, how about that wing. Not my style but so it came off.

Originally posted by Hey-U View Post
                  The m-2 kit would sure look nice on your blue car.
                  Yes, another option but thats part of parting it out. The paint on the Glacier is good so a whole respray (done right) will cost a bit. Im still thinking though/

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                  if you wanna part with the rear wing, pm me.
                  Will do!

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                  Wait you took the wing off? How are you going to race now?
                  This is very true! I should put it on my coupe just to see how much faster it will make me. :-D

COTM

Comment

Good find. Keep the pictures coming as the project progresses.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

First update!

Well my MtechII wrapped cabrio project/flip is making some headway. (Yes, it is for sale BTW) Its the little things that make the difference.

It took some time, but I got the power top to work. :p It still needs some adjustment but this was a big deal for me.

Redid all the black trim.

and clean inside all the grooves. I have the fogs but not installed yet.

Interior was as nasty, if not worse off that my glacier cabrio. This eraser works excellent!

And while I was in the area, I cleaned all the nooks and crannys.

Next was a fix for the holes that were left from the spoiler. I got really lucky in finding a AWII lid. It was in sad shape but it was straight.

A test of polishing and it was going to be perfect.

The one on the left was polished that of course the right is the new..ish. At least no brake light! :up:

I pick up another set of euroweaves for this one with 205/50/15. They need new rubber but im on the fence with either going with 50s or 55s. I just sold the black wheels to a honda owner...where they belong.

The biggest improvement was the full detail, cut, polish, wax...exterior only. New emblems make a huge difference! I still need to do the seats which I hope to get very soon. I broke out the nice camera to take pix of of how it sits now. And yes, I know the tires are going the wrong direction. Late night wheels changes will do that. I just had to get those 17" off!!! :p

Next is to remove the rest of the tint, install fogs, more cleaning, and some trim pieces. I even bought it its own car cover...awaiting its next update.

COTM

Comment

nice!!!
                        1988 325ic Zinnoberrot

So Handsome

Comment

I had no idea you had this... must have missed the thread the first time around. Thats awesome man... good score and good work on it so far!
                          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I am jealous sir. If only we was in the same area. :*(

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                            Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                            I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Originally posted by moguely View Post
                              nice!!!
                              Thanks

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                              I had no idea you had this... must have missed the thread the first time around. Thats awesome man... good score and good work on it so far!
                              Ive gotta put it on Euwerks next. Thanks.

Originally posted by IminDiegoTriick View Post
                              I am jealous sir. If only we was in the same area. :*(
                              Same here. I know your on the hunt. GL to you though.

COTM

Comment

Working...
                              X