Cabrio rescue unit. (mtechII inside)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ohthejosh
    replied
    Thanks again. You are a stand up guy :)

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    One more thing, I looked on Leatherseats.com and cant find the seat set, just curious did you call them yourself and ask?
    Goto this site and ask them if they can do the color of your choice. It will most likely be the same price.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by CabrioPunk
    Wow. Those seats look really nice. How is the finish, feel, fit, smell, quality? What was the cost? I am checking this out now.... and what color? Seems like a perfect match.
    The fit up front is right on. Very impressed. The back...not so much. The top is near oem stitch pattern and the bottom puckers in the corners. That may be me being picky though. I have to say that in those pix, the front seat stitching look a bit rough but after some sunning and heat, it worked in nicely.

    The fronts feels great!!! Nice and cozy. The rears are ok which leads me into the quality. No real issues with the front as all the seating surfaces are leather. The rear have little leather so a lot of it feels like vinyl, not leatherette. I have talked to leatherseats.com about this and for the cost, i think its right on. They advertised upfront with no hidden issues but note that oem is all leather, these are not. They can make the covers out of all leather but with additional cost. My seats took about 3 weeks to get to my door... definite plus!

    I believe i paid $650 to my door and the color was beige. I also called then to request some swatches for my coupe which were at my door right away. I would do business with then again. Hope this helps.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    One more thing, I looked on Leatherseats.com and cant find the seat set, just curious did you call them yourself and ask?

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    If you dont mind revealing. I would like to know a rough estimate of how much it cost you to restore the car minus cost of car itself?
    Maybe $1800.

    Originally posted by BoxDriver86
    It's been my detailing secret for years...and Laura uses it on everything in the house.
    Haha. Funny because my wife turned me on to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • CabrioPunk
    replied
    Wow. Those seats look really nice. How is the finish, feel, fit, smell, quality? What was the cost? I am checking this out now.... and what color? Seems like a perfect match.


    Originally posted by N2MYE30
    Update time!

    So, where were we….ah yes, the interior! The back seats were easy enough but the front seats took a bit more work. There are 7 pieces of leather for each seat and they need to be totally disassembled. Once apart, I took a wire brush to the rails and painted them, greased the mechanics, and cleaned the backs. The back was messed up by one of the PO next to the latch. I may try to find another one. I took my time with the first on (passenger) and this is the result…




    Outside pix for comparo.




    Since I now knew what I was getting into, I can organize all the tools I needed for the drivers seat. This was much easier


    I got a new bolster from a fellow r3v’er to replace the chewed up one. Easy fix.



    Once my finger tips stopped aching from pulling leathers, I moved to other parts that need attention. Since the carpet looked shot before cleaning, I had it set in my mind that I wanted it to be black. This will make the seats stand out. But after a good cleaning the carpet looked pretty good. But I still went with black.
    Before…

    After 3 cans. In the end, was into a 5 can so its actually darker than these pix.


    Speaker covers were next



    And cleaned these nasty things.


    With all the interior bits done it was time for install!
    All of this…

    Into this…


    In three hours gives me this…






    Total time for redoing the seats was ~18hours. I think it came out good. Until next time,




    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • BoxDriver86
    replied
    Originally posted by N2MYE30
    It's called magic eraser. We live by it.
    It's been my detailing secret for years...and Laura uses it on everything in the house.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    If you dont mind revealing. I would like to know a rough estimate of how much it cost you to restore the car minus cost of car itself?

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by catuned
    Glad to see the car was done right! :)
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by lambo
    Can't wait to make a photoalbum of the restoration of my car....
    It was a nice touch when I sold it. I plan on doing it to my others one say.
    Originally posted by Insomniac912
    Love it.
    :up:
    Originally posted by E30ruben
    What eraser did you use for the interior??
    It's called magic eraser. We live by it.

    All these compliments make me miss this car! I need to take a spin in my cabrio to make me remember why I let it go.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30ruben
    replied
    What eraser did you use for the interior??

    Leave a comment:


  • Insomniac912
    replied
    Love it.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Can't wait to make a photoalbum of the restoration of my car....

    Leave a comment:


  • catuned
    replied
    Glad to see the car was done right! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcos
    Great looking car when you where done with it. I noticed Lake Craptree in a shot there and you mentioned Bud? The architect Bud? If so, I did a front wheel bearing at his place, how funny.

    Do you Raleigh e30 guys ever meet up?
    Thanks. I think the easiest way to meet up is either cnc or an nceuro meet but if you organize something, I'll come out.

    Originally posted by e30 s52
    nice..........love the cars
    Originally posted by !AjHoWzA!
    Wow, great thread man. Like what you did with it. Freakin awesome! Probably did a lot better job than what most could do!
    Thanks guys!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • !AjHoWzA!
    replied
    Wow, great thread man. Like what you did with it. Freakin awesome! Probably did a lot better job than what most could do!

    Leave a comment:

Working...