No announcement yet.

'91 318is - Intro - A work in progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really nice progress, car is looking great.

my only gripe is the black door pulls, i always think the tan ones look better on tan door panels.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Well, the thing with the the tan door pulls is that they tend to fade and age different colors. More often than not, they look like 2 different colors. I was kind of second guessing myself putting it in, but it flows nicely in the car. Plus, they don't look faded.
      My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

I approve this car!!!!!!!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Sweet car!! Such a nice clean, look. Everything has been done just right, not too much...not too little. Great work!
          (OO=[][]=OO) 1990 325i

Comment

Thanks.. another cell phone pic.

Comment

your car is super awesome. +1 to you for proper sized/offset wheels.

Comment

very nice car. its come a long way. go METRIC MECHANIC:) 8k r3vlimiter, or look into an itb set-up. euro grills and smilies would complement the front nicely imo.

Comment

Your car < Lower

Code:
                  [I]Originally Posted by[/I]: [B][SIZE="2"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]accident[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/B]
                  [I][I]Turn the tapatalk signature off[/I][/I].

Comment

awesome- looks great with the new wheels
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop?? ;-)
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    But of course
                    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I have finally put my electric fan in my car. The setup I used is the older Volvo 940 electric puller fan and the shroud for that same fan. I cut the plastic shroud on the side and it pretty much fits my radiator perfectly.

I attached the shroud to the radiator by drilling holes into the top lip of the radiator, then I used bolts and lock nuts to secure the shroud to the radiator.

As far as the fan to the shroud.. it just pretty much slides right into the shroud and I held it in place with a couple of bolts.

I purchased an electric fan wiring kit thing from autozone.. did not tap into any of the existing wiring, just ran a power wire to the fuse box where it attaches to a relay. We put a temperature probe in through the radiator so when it reaches 185 degrees the fan kicks on. Ran another wire over to the AC so that if I turn on my AC it automatically kicks the fan on high (whether or not the radiator is warm or not). Needless to say, the fan is killer.. it cools my whole engine bay and I can stay in traffic with AC blasting and not go over 1/2 on the temp gauge.. highly recommend this fan!

Also, in the last few months I have replaced my throttle cable, cam position sensor, deleted my power steering, new radiator.. etc etc.. I can hardly keep track of the shit I've done with this car.

Random:

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Nice work sir.

Comment

this is delphin grey? Look great!

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                            this is delphin grey? Look great!

i believe it's Diamond Schwartz..tricky color. it can look smoke grey, almost black, light grey etc. depending on the light..
                            My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                            1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                            IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                            1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Very proper. Love e30s like this. Great work sir
                              1989 M3
                              2008 135i 6sp

Comment

Very nice job! Ilove the wheels 16's look so good.
                                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X