Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

333i

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    333i

    Well, before I store it up for the school year as I go away to college, I'm taking one last photoshoot for all to see. Things awaiting installation are Bilsteins and an M3 Airbox as well as cleaning up a bit more wiring. A little bit of info on the motor:

    •e28 headers/downpipes mating up to an e30 m3 center section and muffler
    •custom Alpina intake manifold with relocated throttle body
    •custom notched subframe re-inforced with sway bar tabs and motor mount tabs from AKG motorsport
    •Engine position "3" with 324td fan and fan clutch (thinnest fan BMW makes)
    •Custom "hartge inspired" motor mount brackets
    •Ireland Engineering Motor mounts
    •New 535i clutch kit with resurfaced flywheel
    •Custom made, newly rebuilt driveshaft
    •Custom throttle linkage assembly with new bowden cable and extended throttle plate/pedal
    •many more maintenance items replaced with too long of a list to spell out

    Engine warms up to correct temperature and has never overheated and even come close, the mechanical fan does it's job very well.

    Feel free to ask any questions








    Last edited by Japandrew73; 08-14-2010, 01:20 PM.

    #2
    :up:Haters still gonna hate, but I think it's superb
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

    Comment


      #3
      Well, bugger me. You got it done.

      How did the e28 manifolds work out? Does the back one interfere with the firewall?

      Also, will the M3 airbox fit in there? Looks like the AFM is pretty close to the front of the bay already...
      cars beep boop

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by kronus View Post
        Well, bugger me. You got it done.

        How did the e28 manifolds work out? Does the back one interfere with the firewall?

        Also, no airbox/airfilter?
        The e28 headers are fine, the front downpipe also works, however the back downpipe had to be slightly bent down in order to have sufficient clearance from the firewall. Without bending it, it was touching the firewall which is a safety hazard with the heat, with it now bent it has about 3/4" clearance.

        I have an e30 M3 EVO airbox with a new filter all painted and sitting in storage, I just need to wait for the right time to install it. I leave for college on Tuesday so now isn't exactly an ideal time.

        Comment


          #5
          I love it dude.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
            The e28 headers are fine, the front downpipe also works, however the back downpipe had to be slightly bent down in order to have sufficient clearance from the firewall. Without bending it, it was touching the firewall which is a safety hazard with the heat, with it now bent it has about 3/4" clearance.

            I have an e30 M3 EVO airbox with a new filter all painted and sitting in storage, I just need to wait for the right time to install it. I leave for college on Tuesday so now isn't exactly an ideal time.
            I changed my airbox question because I realized you answered it in the OP :p

            Not taking the e30 to school?
            cars beep boop

            Comment


              #7
              I love what you did with the intake manifold!!! thats how it should have been from the factory!
              Last edited by Mfever; 08-14-2010, 01:38 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by kronus View Post
                I changed my airbox question because I realized you answered it in the OP :p

                Not taking the e30 to school?
                Nope, going to SFSU. Any kind of car you want to keep doesn't belong in San Fran if you know what I mean.

                The airbox came from a 1990 e30 m3. I haven't installed it yet...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
                  Nope, going to SFSU. Any kind of car you want to keep doesn't belong in San Fran if you know what I mean.

                  The airbox came from a 1990 e30 m3. I haven't installed it yet...
                  I know what you mean. Get a beater e30! There's a fair number of them up here.
                  cars beep boop

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Good god thats clean. Nice work.
                    -Nick
                    Originally posted by 87e30
                    First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Well well well. It looks complete. As an aside, do you know how many cans of Tab this build took?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Damn dude, I like your style. Any particular reason you changed the intake over to the drivers side? I typically see people do this when they go turbo.
                        Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-14-2010, 03:14 PM.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                        85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Glad to see it finally posted up. Are you going to move the batt to the rear or keep it up front?

                          1992 BMW 325iC
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I have no idea what happened here, but that looks like an extremely nice build and install. Great work.

                            >> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2001 E38 740i Sport / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Looks awesome man, Great work.
                              Any plans for a new coolant res?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X