New to BMW/e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to BMW/e30

Well ladies and gents, after owning 8 volkswagens I decided to make a switch to something different. From age 16-24 i dealt strictly with VW and thats all I have owned. I came across an e30 that I figured would be a good base to start with. Flew down to Orlando from Louisville, test drove the car, signed papers, and was on my way back home by 11:45am. By 5:30pm, I was on the side of the road 70 miles south of Atlanta with a blown trans. Pissing fluid everywhere and stuck in gear inside the case. Towed the car an hour to north Atlanta and dropped it off with a friend of a friend, Bryson @ Wagenwerks (paint and body shop). Currently awaiting word that the car is running, they moved it to a different shop to do the work and I had all the parts shipped there. Supposed to be installing a "new" trans, new clutch kit, rear main, clutch pivot bearing/seal (i believe) and if there was anything else needing replacing they would let me know. I had to leave the car there and fly home due to graduate school/work. Dont know when exactly the car is going to be available for me to finally bring her home but eventually, it will get done. Was planning to take the car to H2oi in Ocean City, MD in the coming weeks so I guess I'm glad its happening now and not on the road there. The paint/body are in phenomenal shape for its age but some minor body work and paint in the spring (Bryson @ Wagenwerks will have his hands all over it) is being planned as well as a interior revamp and potential motor swap. Already beginning to accumulate parts and obviously, the car isnt even back in Kentucky yet. Anyways, here are some shots of prior vehicles I have messed around with and the current car (current car shots are not my own):

FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
    silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Wait what?? I had no idea this car was even for sale! Just read about it on stanceworks lol Sucks about the trans, hope everything is good there. Nice dubs too :up:
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
      Wait what?? I had no idea this car was even for sale! Just read about it on stanceworks lol Sucks about the trans, hope everything is good there. Nice dubs too :up:

Sort of a quick turn of events honestly. Hard to tell whether or not the previous owner knew of any underlying issues that could have led to this, but there were a few things in general he didn't mention prior to me flying down there so one can only draw conclusions from there.

Thanks for the comments on the others as well. Definitely miss a few of them.

Comment

Why does the golf have different colored body panels?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
          Why does the golf have different colored body panels?

It's called a harlequin. Factory paint job. Check out Rossvw.com for history and info.

Comment

So your the owner of that VW. Huh, I have always been intrigued by it. I love the e30. I've seen it on stanceworks before.

Comment

nice car, neighbor. sorry about the bad luck bringing it back.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

I like your yellow GTI very much so.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

sweet ride. saw it on stance works as well. hope you get everything solved.
                  Feedback
                  Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Welcome, and nice ride man. Too bad about the trany...

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

Welcome to your new addiction! :D
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Welcome man, I love that yeller gti
                        sigpic

Comment

again, thanks for the compliments and warm welcome. each car has had its little quirk or something done to it that ive missed more than anything. and ive had that "sellers remorse" with all of them haha.

tis a shitty situation regarding the current state of the car but, hopefully, better things and times will come of it. we shall see what lies ahead for the car. i just want to get it back and start working on the car. a house full of parts really does me zero good.

ill apologize in advance to all of you for any dumb questions that may arise along the way in this new/interesting learning curve that is BMW and will thank you in advance for all the answers and help that come with those stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            nice car, neighbor. sorry about the bad luck bringing it back.

where you from in kentucky (assuming by your location)?

Comment

Originally posted by BADCLOWN View Post
                              where you from in kentucky (assuming by your location)?

I guess the avatar pic and the signature don't help.

The car in the sig I sold back in 2005 and now I have a silver 4 door with a roll cage in it.

So yeah, literally your neighbor. (Or at least your folks'). :) Does that clear it up?

There's nary a bolt I have not turned on an e30. Literally. So you can always hit me up with any questions.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X