No announcement yet.

My Daily Driver ('88 Super ETA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car got some much needed maintenance work done a couple days ago. Oil pan gasket was replaced (the old owner tried to RTV it over the original gasket, which turned into gunk), and the steering wheel coupler was replaced with the urethane one from Ireland Engineering. Here's a pic of the car at the beautiful facility of Bavarian Auto Gruppe.

Meanwhile, I haven't had the time to prep the sideskirts and rear apron for my paint guy, so I've decided to put them off until I get back from South Florida for Thanksgiving. In the mean time, I've decided to purchase some upgrades for the sound system. When I first bought the car, the moron before me put in some no-name stereo sale speakers, so I put in some Sony crap coaxial speakers to hold me over. Now I can't stand it anymore, the musician in me is craving something better. Halston from BSW hooked it up with some used tweeter pods (now I need to figure out how to get the original tweeters out), and I bought a few goodies from Sonicelectronix.com.

8" Polk db840 subwoofer, with 5.25" component MB Quart speakers. There is a Rockford Fosgate PRIME 150 amp on the way for the sub, and I'm still stereo shopping. The original owner put in some craptastic Sony $50 special headunit in the car. It needs to go.

The goodies:

Started building a box for it, thank god for free wood cutting at Home Depot. Trying to cut straight edges with just a jigsaw is sad...

As of tonight:

Comment

so much sex
      1992 BMW 325iC <3

Comment

love the e30,
        but it seems to me like you are trying to make the e46 look like a neon. looks like quaility work, just not really my style.

Comment

Good werk Ken. Love the cupholders

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Thanks Alec...miss ya dude.

mikeedler...I'm not sure what you're talking about...I don't think the E46 looks like a neon at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
              love the e30,
              but it seems to me like you are trying to make the e46 look like a neon. looks like quaility work, just not really my style.
              A neon? Wtf are you smoking? :loco:
              Originally posted by ak-
              Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

Working...
              X