No announcement yet.

Yes they're fake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet looking car. I like the black contrast with that lip. I had black wheels on my car and I did not like but it works on yours.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
      Hey Stephen,

I talked to my paint guy, he said that the paint used is "the new envirobase from PPG it's a mix from the factory paint code sprayed in waterbase base coat with a high solid clear coat.. we picked the prime alternate out of like 3-4 choices..so it shoul be real close to the factory color as we used the cars paint code.. the waterbase paints have a real high sparkle we find.."
      This stuff is really nice to shoot and finishes up well. Car looks great!

Comment

I love sterling silver 318is's!

btw, my car was partially painted with PPG paint as well, and it definitely came out darker than stock. Interesting. If I have it painted again, I'll try a different paint.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          I love sterling silver 318is's!

btw, my car was partially painted with PPG paint as well, and it definitely came out darker than stock. Interesting. If I have it painted again, I'll try a different paint.
          any pictures? did you use urethane base coat and clear coat stages?

Comment

I think so. I didn't spray it myself, I just did a lot of the prep and the cut/polish after. I actually made them reblend a few places because it was a lot darker. the cans I've gotten from paintscratch.com were always a dead match though.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

mine

Comment

I dont get the black wheel hate at all... I love them. car looks great
                Originally posted by ak-
                Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

Working...
                X