• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off topic but what color is your car?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
      off topic but what color is your car?
      It was originally Sterling but it was repainted in 2008, It's a pretty close match, I believe the paint used was PPG? I had it done by Healdsburg Collision Center, they did an awesome job.:)

Comment

16x7 or 8's?
        Originally posted by audiquattrot
        bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
        1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
        2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
        1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
        2006 CBR600RR

Comment

16x8

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
            It was originally Sterling but it was repainted in 2008, It's a pretty close match, I believe the paint used was PPG? I had it done by Healdsburg Collision Center, they did an awesome job.:)
            i thought so too because I had the same job done using PPG paint. did you find a mismatch in color between your body panels and the original coloring of your door jabs? I find my new sterling silver color somewhat darker

pictures of the interior please!
            Last edited by bmwstephen; 10-19-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

i thought so too because I had the same job done using PPG paint. did you find a mismatch in color between your body panels and the original coloring of your door jabs? I find my new sterling silver color somewhat darker

pictures of the interior please!
              A tiny bit darker, but it's hard to discern between the two, and you can only tell when you REALLY look for it.

The interior really isn't anything special. MTII wheel with a ZHP knob and a few dash cracks.:(

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                A tiny bit darker, but it's hard to discern between the two, and you can only tell when you REALLY look for it.

The interior really isn't anything special. MTII wheel with a ZHP knob and a few dash cracks.:(
                I see, is that vinyl material on the seats or leather? I'm noticing the similarity between our cars.

Sorry for the questions. BTW most likely they used PPG OMNI. I was giving crap to my shop guy who disagreed with the current paint job being too dark so I'm debating whether I should love it or hate it.

here are pics of mine

Comment

I see, is that vinyl material on the seats or leather? I'm noticing the similarity between our cars.

Sorry for the questions. BTW most likely they used PPG OMNI. I was giving crap to my shop guy who disagreed with the current paint job being too dark so I'm debating whether I should love it or hate it.
                  It's leather. I actually replaced the seats recently with some used E30 M3 seats I picked up, but the leather is old and cracked, so they aren't very comfortable. The original seats that came with the car had a horizontal stitch pattern, however.

Yours does look a little bit darker than mine, here's a picture from before the MTII/ZHP knob, you can see the door jamb itself to compare the car's color to somewhat.

Comment

car looks great man
                    -Andy

Comment

sick

love the silver.

Comment

nice and clean, well done man. i love grey interiors for some reason.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Looks good, I was thinking about getting the same exact wheel and tire set up, I was wondering if you could print out the massive brakes profile and see if they would fit with those wheels.

Comment

Nice...MINUS BLACK WHEELS!!!. Please paint those. Have a good day.

COTM

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
                                Looks good, I was thinking about getting the same exact wheel and tire set up, I was wondering if you could print out the massive brakes profile and see if they would fit with those wheels.
                                I don't really have access to a printer, but I'll see if I can.

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                                Nice...MINUS BLACK WHEELS!!!. Please paint those. Have a good day.
                                I agree completely, but I don't think painting these wheels is really viable. The fake bolts aren't removable, and masking them off would be nearly impossible. I don't want to ruin the wheels by having a shitty paintjob that would be poorly masked.

Comment

Working...
                                X