No announcement yet.

Yes they're fake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to them. I bought the exact same wheel and tyre (even size) for my brilliantrot 318is. I couldn't decide between the grey and the black. Then the decision was made easy by black being the only colour available. I think they go really well with the blacked out stainless and chrome on late E30's. You car looks fabulous. I just can't wait to get the BC Racing coilovers on mine. They have been in the boot for a month!

With those centre caps, I got these alloy stickers out of Hong Kong and sanded them down in diameter.

Last edited by Cal; 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
      I see, is that vinyl material on the seats or leather? I'm noticing the similarity between our cars.

Sorry for the questions. BTW most likely they used PPG OMNI. I was giving crap to my shop guy who disagreed with the current paint job being too dark so I'm debating whether I should love it or hate it.
      Hey Stephen,

I talked to my paint guy, he said that the paint used is "the new envirobase from PPG it's a mix from the factory paint code sprayed in waterbase base coat with a high solid clear coat.. we picked the prime alternate out of like 3-4 choices..so it shoul be real close to the factory color as we used the cars paint code.. the waterbase paints have a real high sparkle we find.."

Comment

Looks really nice Ian
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

the wheel colors compliment the car colors so well. good work

Comment

How much lower than standard is this car?

Comment

I have the silver centers, and i like them much more than the black centers.

Also, did you know that a disc with a diameter of 5.5" fits very well in the middle of these wheels? :) It covers the multi lug, and simplifies the look. I made mine out of aluminum. (not wheels in sig)
              -tim
              Originally posted by Jordan
              I like the stance
              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                It was originally Sterling but it was repainted in 2008, It's a pretty close match, I believe the paint used was PPG? I had it done by Healdsburg Collision Center, they did an awesome job.:)
                How much did it run you? I'm local to there and I've been looking for a good place. Kinda scares me you went in for an OEM respray and came out with the wrong color.
                -Pierre
                1987 535is
                1988 325is

Comment

I dont know what your plans are, but the Sealed beam lights arnt really bothering me, and like you said, you dont want to attract attention!
                  car looks SUPERB.

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                    I have the silver centers, and i like them much more than the black centers.

Also, did you know that a disc with a diameter of 5.5" fits very well in the middle of these wheels? :) It covers the multi lug, and simplifies the look. I made mine out of aluminum. (not wheels in sig)
                    Yeah, I ordered mine in a rush (needed wheels) and all they had were black.

I had no idea about the cover, but I don't mind too much. I'm inside the car most of the time.

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
                    How much did it run you? I'm local to there and I've been looking for a good place. Kinda scares me you went in for an OEM respray and came out with the wrong color.
                    I didn't specify an OEM respray. They have a shop in Santa Rosa, and Windsor now, and would give you a quote I'm sure. I honestly don't remember the price. Lee (the owner) is a good friend of mine, and they back all of their work with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recommend them enough.

Originally posted by Cal
                    How much lower than standard is this car?
                    I honestly have no clue.

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
                    I dont know what your plans are, but the Sealed beam lights arnt really bothering me, and like you said, you dont want to attract attention!
                    car looks SUPERB.
                    They'll be replaced by ellipsoids when I have the extra cash, but right now any money I have is going towards the little Eaton M62 I have to put on.

Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

your interior looks so nice

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

very nice, the wheels looks good!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                          Car looks great!

Comment

I didn't specify an OEM respray. They have a shop in Santa Rosa, and Windsor now, and would give you a quote I'm sure. I honestly don't remember the price. Lee (the owner) is a good friend of mine, and they back all of their work with a lifetime guarantee. I can't recommend them enough.

I honestly have no clue.
                            Thanks! I'll be back in that area this weekend so I'll have to swing by there. I'll let em know I got recommended by you...if that's alright of course.
                            -Pierre
                            1987 535is
                            1988 325is

Comment

Absolutely! I'd recommend heading to Healdsburg and speaking with Lee about it. My car is currently there to get some stuff fixed and the iS skirts put on, you'll probably see it around somewhere; you can laugh at the Sparco in the interior. It looks ridiculous.

Comment

Absolutely! I'd recommend heading to Healdsburg and speaking with Lee about it. My car is currently there to get some stuff fixed and the iS skirts put on, you'll probably see it around somewhere; you can laugh at the Sparco in the interior. It looks ridiculous.
                                haha! Will do! I'll let you know how things go.
                                -Pierre
                                1987 535is
                                1988 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X