My iX + what i've done so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post

H&R sport/Bilstein HD's + 14.5mm rear spring pads.

Ok cool. Is this a custom spring pad? How is the ride? I just drove my IX for well over 10 hours this last weekend and everything seems tip top, even in 0degree weather.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      Ok cool. Is this a custom spring pad? How is the ride? I just drove my IX for well over 10 hours this last weekend and everything seems tip top, even in 0degree weather.
      nah its off an X5 i believe. The ride is great, not harsh & comfortable for everyday driving...and I take it to NYC multiple times a week where the roads are TERRIBLE.
      www.instagram.com/snwmble
      #snwmble

Current:
      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
        nah its off an X5 i believe. The ride is great, not harsh & comfortable for everyday driving...and I take it to NYC multiple times a week where the roads are TERRIBLE.

That's awesome. Glad you're enjoying it. These cars are so much fun.

Comment

One of my favorite cars on the forum! Keep it up bud.

Mr. Wolfe
          sigpic

Comment

SO NICE!

I just bought a `91 iX. Hope to get it up to 1/2 your level.
            Few questions for ya, as a newbie starting out! :

-Where did you get that iS lip splitter, and how did you attach it on there?

-What paint do you use for all the black trims / shadowline on the windows?

-any other products you would suggest to coat any of the car for anti-rust? im in canada, so winters can get decently bad. (I saw you coated your wheel wells with something, too?)

-Do you have a chip/MAF/any other small or easy-ish mods??

Thanks man, im really hoping to find someone on here that i can ask questions. I've always loved this car since my dad first had one, and even though im a NOOB with cars, i really want to learn!

Cheers,

Comment

Not to thread jack, but I spend 3/4 of my day on r3v so I might as well do something while I'm here.

-Ryan G makes the splitters and I think you drill holes in the lip and attach it that way.

-SEM 39143 is a popular trim paint I've seen people use.

-POR 15 is commonly used to prevent rust and I use Rust Killer to stop rust thats already formed from spreading.

-Chips are very easy to install. You notice a little more oomf out of the engine, but it depends on person if its worth the money.

Its not cheap or easy to get power out of the stock motor. Personally I think a 2.7 or 2.8 stroker with a 274 cam and a proper tune is one of the best things you can do to the car with out breaking the bank.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                Not to thread jack, but I spend 3/4 of my day on r3v so I might as well do something while I'm here.

-Ryan G makes the splitters and I think you drill holes in the lip and attach it that way.

-SEM 39143 is a popular trim paint I've seen people use.

-POR 15 is commonly used to prevent rust and I use Rust Killer to stop rust thats already formed from spreading.

-Chips are very easy to install. You notice a little more oomf out of the engine, but it depends on person if its worth the money.

Its not cheap or easy to get power out of the stock motor. Personally I think a 2.7 or 2.8 stroker with a 274 cam and a proper tune is one of the best things you can do to the car with out breaking the bank.

sweet, thanks man!
                But in terms of getting it stroked, isnt that kind of a big "mod"? Like you need to send it in to get done, no? Okay this is embarassing but, dont you need new (wider) pistons too then? or am i just totally not understanding that modification?

Comment

I don't want to thread jack any further, but you can do a 2.7 and 2.8 stoker using all OEM BMW engine parts. No need to use a bigger bore (wider pistons). Its definitely a big project, but its the only real way to get power out of the engine. I'm personally doing it myself, but it depends on the person. If you're interested I suggest doing some research and reading some build threads. If you have any other questions you can PM me so we don't derail this thread any further.
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

hey man thanks! Hopefully my answers help

Where did you get that iS lip splitter, and how did you attach it on there?
                    I purchased it from a R3v member here i believe RyanG, which several vendors on here including garagistic sells. It came with self tapping screws, so all i did was line it up where i wanted it to sit on the iS lip, and screw on.

What paint do you use for all the black trims / shadowline on the windows?
                    I used Duplicolor Trim paint to shadowline....but also be sure to use etched primer first so the trim paint doesn't peel.

any other products you would suggest to coat any of the car for anti-rust? im in canada, so winters can get decently bad. (I saw you coated your wheel wells with something, too?)
                    I used Formula 3000 (which is actually a Canadian product). To treat the rusty areas, i did use POR-15 first, then SEM undercoating spray, followed by the Formula 3000

Do you have a chip/MAF/any other small or easy-ish mods??
                    nah not on this E30. On a past iX I owned, i had a Mark-D chip with 19 injectors and the car was running really rich and Mark-D's resolution to it was null....so I just got rid of it. This iX is stock mechanically, but runs amazing.
                    #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                      I don't want to thread jack any further, but you can do a 2.7 and 2.8 stoker using all OEM BMW engine parts. No need to use a bigger bore (wider pistons). Its definitely a big project, but its the only real way to get power out of the engine. I'm personally doing it myself, but it depends on the person. If you're interested I suggest doing some research and reading some build threads. If you have any other questions you can PM me so we don't derail this thread any further.
                      jack all you want :)
                      #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

Front end smashed while parked in front in my house. No note left. Fml
                        #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

This is why I hate people....sorry!
                          1997 Artic Silver M3
                          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

So sorry to hear that :(

E46t

Comment

That's terrible. I am so sorry. One of the cleanest ixs on the east coast.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Sorry to hear that. 🙁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X