DC Area : New Member / 89 325iC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your a bastard.

I can't wait to meet the guy who keeps snatching up all the good e30 shit these days at the baltimore yards haha.

You planning on putting a top on? If so let me know, I did mine over the summer and it's quite a learning curve.

Comment

My top is in good condition, thankfully. Just 87vert has a frame he is about to get rid of... would hate to see a good frame go to the garbage heap.

I came across an older guy who went right to work on the front valence w/fogs of a 325is freshly dropped at Jessup! Luckily I got the interior first and scored my MTech1 wheel. The 528 today had the coin tray and brochure. Good enough day for me.

And the guys who keeps snagging the goods is either Shane or ill4noreason! Look at all their cool stuff...

Comment

Been tearing off pieces still from the car for restoration. This time I tore the trunk apart. The liner is stained from a paint can spill. It is tough to find a good used one. I am not paying for a new one. I figured there is no other gray on the car so I would color the liner flat black. Duplicolor vinyl and fabric. Two cans. Looks amazing. Feels usual.

Install pictures to follow. I will be cleaning all exposed areas while I'm in there. Also need to replace shocks to hold trunk lid. Painting bulb holders black to match instead of grey, tan they are now. Installing at least one more trunk light. With the darker trunk maybe even a third.

Door handles removed for paint, too. May get them engraved.

Comment

The flash exagerated the stain. Duplicolor Fabric Paint is wonderful for this. Really impressed.

Before:

After:

Luckily this piece will be out of view for the most part.. still details are important. Weather is too cold to put back in. I am redoing the whole trunk while I am back there. Refinishing the tools. cleaning up the bulb holder with some paint. Installing a second trunk light. Considering vinyl wrapping the tails all red.
          Last edited by CabrioPunk; 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

OK. 40F weather today allowed me to play a bit. The trunk is nearly restored, resorted or just cleaned up real nice; however that may go. Exciting stuff I know but just one of the fun projects along the way.

Tools were resprayed to clean them up more. I found a line of rust on the driver's side cubby seam under the tail-light. Cleaned it up and decided to spray both of the cubbies back there with Duplicolor underbody rubberized spray. I don't have a leak but there was one at a time when the PO replaced the antenna grommet with the incorrect size.

Removed aftermarket CD changer for time to clean and maybe respray it to clean it up. Would love an OEM changer instead.

Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl worked wonderfully. It is darker than pictures suggest.

Will paint tool kit on trunk lid and need all the tools for it, too.

Comment

This was part of the first detail I performed. Removed interior. Let leather sit in the sun and warm up. Beats trying to redye. I don't mind the wear wrinkles. Character.

Poorboys APC @ 10:1. Poorboys Natural Look. Poorboys Trim Restore. Good stiff brush and a can of cheap carpet cleaner did well.

Driver's : Before :

Driver's : After :

Passenger : Before :

Passenger : After :

Rear Bench:

Comment

I want your seats!!

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                This was part of the first detail I performed. Removed interior. Let leather sit in the sun and warm up. Beats trying to redye. I don't mind the wear wrinkles. Character.

Poorboys APC @ 10:1. Poorboys Natural Look. Poorboys Trim Restore. Good stiff brush and a can of cheap carpet cleaner did well.

Driver's : Before :

Driver's : After :

Passenger : Before :

Passenger : After :

Rear Bench:
                BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

These old things?

Never! I don't know of a better interior for the color combo.
                  And I love me some mtech blau.

Comment

Looks great! I was so happy with my cabby when I took the interior out and cleaned it all up. And I took the trunk carpet out and cleaned all the metal and nooks with Simple Green. Its the little details :)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Thanks.

Details for sure.

The interior detail was from when I first got it. The weather would afford hours of top down detailing.

Now its take pieces off, bring inside, detail and store in closet until spring.

Comment

I'm gonna need a TAN Interior for the Red vert i got.
                        Attached Files
                        BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

I have not seen much tan leather. Buddy has a set in pretty good condition. Non heated. Let me know if you are interested. He has the fronts and rear. Local to DC.

Comment

Working...
                          X