f**k tha police, australian style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
    That's because most people on this forum think E30 are muscle cars and want to see ridiculous over sized bulging tyres.
    Actually, many of the people who bitch about stretch (like me) would prefer to see a properly sized tyre on a wheel that fits properly and doesn't foul the guards on the full stroke of the suspension. It'd be nice to see more cars pay attention to how they affect their roll centres, or better choice of spring/shock rate matching rather than just ride height. Hell, let's throw wheel weight and track changes in there, too.

You may well mock people for liking ridiculous and over-sized tyres, but at least those cars will stop and turn better than some stretch tyre'd, "stanced" hard-parker. If you're just interested in having "perfect" wheel fitment and being as low as possible, then bag the damn thing.

Function > form - particularly when it pertains to a car that had good handling from stock (like an E30).
    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Wow! Amazing looking wheels!
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
        Actually, many of the people who bitch about stretch (like me) would prefer to see a properly sized tyre on a wheel that fits properly and doesn't foul the guards on the full stroke of the suspension. It'd be nice to see more cars pay attention to how they affect their roll centres, or better choice of spring/shock rate matching rather than just ride height. Hell, let's throw wheel weight and track changes in there, too.

You may well mock people for liking ridiculous and over-sized tyres, but at least those cars will stop and turn better than some stretch tyre'd, "stanced" hard-parker. If you're just interested in having "perfect" wheel fitment and being as low as possible, then bag the damn thing.

Function > form - particularly when it pertains to a car that had good handling from stock (like an E30).
        Fail. There is a huge difference between properly sized tyres and the over sized tyres that a lot of people on here seem to dig.

If lowering offset and increasing track was such a bad thing, why is it done to most REAL race cars then?

EDIT: Wasn't saying "fail" because you're wrong about wheel weights and roll centres etc. I also believe in function over form but there is no reason that can't include a dope stance with some fat wheels.
        Last edited by Chaos Theory; 12-22-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

It's how they widen the track on a "REAL" race car which is different, sport ;)

Can you point to some examples of over-over-sized tyres on here?
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
            It's how they widen the track on a "REAL" race car which is different, sport ;)

Can you point to some examples of over-over-sized tyres on here?

I haven't really looked for them but some stretch haters have said they run 235-245 on a 7". That is over sized.

Comment

No that's for grip, stretched tires are gay, and stanceworks is quite posssibly the gayest site to exist on the internet.

their whole low is a lyfe style motto is so fucking annoying it's unreal. Your car handles like shit, hardparking is for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless that enjoy chatting about indie bands over a over priced cup of starshits coffee.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

What if we want to hard park, stretch the shit out of our tires, drink good coffee, and talk about music and shit? HUH?!

Sometimes you don't need to have the best handling or the "right" setup. He's going for a look, if he decides to hit the track i'm sure his setup would change accordingly. We were all young once. At least it's pretty.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

There's a saying; the best is the enemy of the good.
                  Stretch doesn't even fit in to that.

Originally posted by Urban dictionary
                  Hardparking

The act of owning a Japanese car riddled with roll cages/high-end race suspension/expensive forged wheels, and never taking it to the track. These people frequent places like honda-tech.com appearance/cosmetic forum, and can often be found arguing about rotas and other parts that they don't do shit with anyway.

Ayo, look mang, he got the 36 way adjustable coilovers, hes mad hardparking dawg.
                  Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 12-23-2010, 01:15 AM.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                  Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Went over to his house for a bit of a hang out.

Only snapped 2 pics while there though

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

you know the tires are suppose to go under your car and have as much surface area on the ground as possible...

Just looks like you think they're suppose to be driven half on the sidewall...
                      Function.
                      Form.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
                        you know the tires are suppose to go under your car and have as much surface area on the ground as possible...

Just looks like you think they're suppose to be driven half on the sidewall...
                        Normally I'm one for the same thing, I have a E30 with well and truely correct fitting tyres. But this thing is different and I can respect it for what it is and the amount of work put into the car. He works on the car day in day out until late hours of the night EVERY night. To have that sort of commitment is well and truley amazing.

Fitment and stretch may not have a great purpose but in some cases where it is made to look good it is worth it. (I will most probably personally never have stretch myself) But at the end of the day its his car and is obviously built the way he wants it built.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

most people on here talk about suspension setup and tire size, and there car has never seen a track. I'm a firm believer in function over form . If the car is meant to see the track, then yes it should be setup accordingly. If not let it be stop hate-in
                          sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

I'm a big fan of the VW scene. My old Mk1 Golf (or rabbit as you guys in the u.s call em!) was slammed as far as i could take it, on stretched rubber, and cambered rear wheels. The ride was harsh, especially for a daily, but i really didn't care. I built that car for the look i wanted. The amount of attention the car attracted was unbelievable. Would certainly do it again, infact, when i can afford to, my e30 will be going down the same route.
                            Can't wait to see the finished product mate, should look savage!

Comment

...still subscribed, and still waiting, bring this shit on!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

For all you guys hatin' on stretch -

Last edited by Her_Majesty; 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X