No announcement yet.

New Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front lip as in for the car not the wheels. I think i lips arent big enough, it looks funny to me

Comment

i'm not sure why i didn't grasp that at first, i couldn't think why i'd want the wheels to have more lip than they already did since they were 17s ha.

i'm also not sure why dude laughed for 2.3 seconds.

i like the i lip, but we'll see how the whole package looks once i get it dialed in, you may have a point. it won't be seeing a volvo lip regardless of what happens though. :D
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
        i'm not sure why i didn't grasp that at first, i couldn't think why i'd want the wheels to have more lip than they already did since they were 17s ha.

i like the i lip, but we'll see how the whole package looks once i get it dialed in, you may have a point. it won't be seeing a volvo lip regardless of what happens though. :D

lol, it was a llttle ambiguous i guess.

I mean try it out, you may have better luck than me, but my car looks goofy without a lip at all on the impuls, and i dont think the i lip would be enough. Glad there will be no volvo lip in any event :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          lol, it was a llttle ambiguous i guess.

I mean try it out, you may have better luck than me, but my car looks goofy without a lip at all on the impuls, and i dont think the i lip would be enough. Glad there will be no volvo lip in any event :nice:
          My bad, I understand what you were saying

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post

Dude, I was being sarcastic.
          _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

How much you you let the Tstars go for? PM me

Comment

this should be fruitful.
              ReverseOTL.
              NewParts4sale.
              PartsWanted.

Comment

MSystems look best with no covers. T-stars and turbines are both fucking hid-e-ous, IMO.

Last I checked it isn't my car though, right? They are exceptional quality by any standard though...Rock that shit with pride, brother!

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I fully support this decision. <3 turbines.

Comment

Turbines are nice, but throwing stars tend to look bigger in my book... either way, one of my favorite wheels

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                      How much you you let the Tstars go for? PM me
                      they are spoken for already, sorry.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      MSystems look best with no covers. T-stars and turbines are both fucking hid-e-ous, IMO.
                      you've lost your mind! :loco:

:D

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                      Turbines are nice, but throwing stars tend to look bigger in my book... either way, one of my favorite wheels
                      i got turbines on the brain, can't nothin derail this train son!
                      8380 Laboratories
                      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I think you should take the cooling fins out of the rears so they sit recessed, staggered look.. You will lose some of that much needed rear brake cooling though

- '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

it was my understanding that the rear covers sat the same distance away from the face as the fronts...and since there is a larger lip in the rear they'd appear staggered.
                          8380 Laboratories
                          M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I don't think it's that obvious though, that car definitely has the fins removed, he's on the e34 boards..

Edit: Now that i'm looking at it, I don't know if he had them removed at that point. I haven't seen pics of that car in a while, but I remember it looked amazing with the fins removed. I'll keep looking. Do your rear turbines look like that?
                            Last edited by Jb325is; 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM.
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

i don't know that that's true. check this out:

i'm pretty certain his setup was not altered in any way. the cooling fins are fairly tall, like an inch and a half. without them in there 1) i don't know if you can still even mount the covers 2) if you could, they'd be tucked in there to the degree you wouldn't be able to see any space behind them, as you can on both cars.
                              8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

8380 Laboratories
                                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
                                X