Auto-x flicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-x flicks

First time auto-xing the car since the rims were mounted. Last year I was running 14x6.5" baskets with 195/60/14 Azenis RT-215's. Now I'm running 17x7.5" RS' with 215/40/17 ZE-512's. It's absolutely incredible how well these all-seasons perform, I'm running almost the exact same times (relative to other drivers who I ran with last year), despite the significantly higher unsprung weight and loss of undersized tire gearing. Powering out of the extremely tight corners of the course was much more efficient than the 195's, wheelspin was never an issue. It's not a fair comparison of the tires at all, I'm just amazed that I didn't lose any performance with the new bling setup. I also noticed that for several miles after each run, the tires were picking up pebbles like R-compunds. I think these Falkens REALLY change when you heat them up, I've never experienced that. BTW, this course was tight enough that no one was shifting out of first gear.

*bling*

It looks good even being pushed hard with those rims.

Gonna make ya a celebrity ovanight!
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

JEsus, looks like fucking mexico with no helmets....no laws up there in canuck land eitehr?

Comment

Originally posted by trent
        JEsus, looks like fucking mexico with no helmets....no laws up there in canuck land eitehr?
        We have harder heads

Doesn't really look like a sanctioned event so I doubt the rules are too strict.

James

Comment

Re: Auto-x flicks

Originally posted by Mystikal
          BTW, this course was tight enough that no one was shifting out of first gear.
          holy shit, you actually paid for that? I go to walmart on a friday afternoon for that shit...

Looks great for heavy ricer wheels jay.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Re: Auto-x flicks

Originally posted by Rob
            Originally posted by Mystikal
            BTW, this course was tight enough that no one was shifting out of first gear.
            holy shit, you actually paid for that? I go to walmart on a friday afternoon for that shit...
            no shit id rather jack off with a hand full of thumb tacks and icey hot lube

Comment

Looks sweet. What are your spring rates again?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Does Lyndsey always tell you how to drive?

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by trent
                  The lots are so small, we don't need helmets. If I had to buy a helmet, I probably wouldn't be doing it. It's a CCA event BTW.

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  Looks sweet. What are your spring rates again?
                  300/440. Front Konis need replacement, some of the turn-in front roll is attributed to that.

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
                  Does Lyndsey always tell you how to drive?
                  She came along on every run, she helped out a few times. The course was pretty complicated, the guide didn't hurt.

Comment

A lot of body roll for 1st gear......you got waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles rates.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                            A lot of body roll for 1st gear......you got waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles rates.
                            I thought you weren't a stupid forum ricer anymore?

Not like spring rates matter, at all. A guy with an eta on M3 springs and 195/65/14 all seasons still smoked every BMW, for the 3rd month in a row.

Comment

Vid or ban of said eta.

I just don't like body roll and our springs aren't up to the task. Might not matter to you, but I don't enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X