some pics with the "new" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some pics with the "new" wheels

finally got some dedicated autox/track shoes so I can avoid destroying expensive street tires. I'm actually surprised at the difference less unsprung/rotating mass makes! And while I like the looks of the 15" weaves better, this was an easy 3/4" drop :)

the view up there was amazing, too bad we're only allowed one event on Mt. Baker a year. :(
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

I wish my car looked as good without centercaps as yours dose nice pictures

Comment

Looks great. I hear you about rotating mass. My car felt so much faster putting the bottlecaps back on today. The throwing stars will be long gone soon.

Good thing my new rims weigh less than bottlecaps.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

so wait, those are 14" e30 us weaves? do they bold right up to our ix'es? is there any rubbing against the fender because of how much further they are pushed out or is it a perfect fit?
        1990 325ix

Comment

I want to eat it up. all of it.

sexy.

kyle
          1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
          DILLIGAF

Comment

totally sweet would be perfect if it was an, manual, :D
            no seriously a sweet sweet car, love it; it inspires.
            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by SebSter
              so wait, those are 14" e30 us weaves? do they bold right up to our ix'es? is there any rubbing against the fender because of how much further they are pushed out or is it a perfect fit?
              They fit fine, still a good bit in the fender on an iX.

Comment

Originally posted by SebSter
                they fit just fine, not even close to rubbing. in fact they sit too far in for my tastes, the 15" euro weaves fill in the fenders much better. don't listen to what everyone says about what wheels fit the ix, most of the time they are wrong. ;)
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I want my lip from greg damnit!!!! :evil: looks nice by the way

Comment

hmmm.. i always wondered what a staggered setup would look like on the ix. the 15" weaves in the back , 14s in the front. probably would look kinda dumb, but worth a try just to check it out.
                    1990 325ix

Comment

that is sex - the car looks perfect.
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

i say ditch the ix flares and it would look even more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr
                          i say ditch the ix flares and it would look even more aggressive.
                          uh, no. that would give me another 1/2" of fender gap and make the car look even higher than it is. my car isn't very low, it's the flares and the front spoiler that make it look that way. also when I have the euro weaves on the tires would be outside the fenders.. yuck.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                          X