I heart my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heart my car

Lolzzz. So I was autocrossing my car this weekend, and while cleaning it out for tech inspection, realized I had a spare ECU chip in my glovebox. Yesterday, I replaced it with what was in my ECU, and I lost power and torque. A significant and noticeable amount, too. Wait, wtf? Turns out, my $680 car came with a performance chip! Not a bad grab, I guess. I'm going to see how well the stock chip treats me on fuel economy, and maybe I'll just put the other chip in for autocrossing. But I have a feeling the chip is a Dinan knockoff (Ebay type), as the car had no rev limiter before, and now with the stock chip it does (and I do like having that cut).

On to why this post is in the Member rides forum, I am going to be stripping the interior and at least cleaning the crap off the floors, filling any holes, and painting it nice nice. This is to come in the next week or two, after I get my motorcycle running (alternate commuter). After seeing how cool a completely stripped car looks at that auto-x, I really want to do it to mine. It'd make a hell of a cool commuter, too. Plus, I want to start getting more competitive in the autox scene with my eta. Occasionally, I'll do some open wheel at the SCCA events, but I still love my dd.

Any E30 auto-xers in the Rochester, NY area?

Pics of car or something related...
    GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Pics of said $680 car?
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

How do you know your other chip does not have a rev limiter? Is there a hole in side of your block?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          How do you know your other chip does not have a rev limiter? Is there a hole in side of your block?

Trying to get out of a few ditches in the winter time, I revved the engine (with the old chip) past 6500 and it never cut. Don't say "you don't know it was 6500rpm, you can't see past five". True, but I can guarantee you guys can guess well enough to know what 6500 sounds like, plus the tacho acceleration as it was climbing in the rev ranges told me that I should let off after it went past 5k really fast.

Pics of the car are in my Intro thread, here:

I hope to have more up tonight of the floor pans and what I have started to do.

Comment

Pics of said car for a proper welcoming...

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
              Pics of car or something related...
              Seriously. This thread is :|

-Erik
              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

forget car pics. im now on to the point of titties to make up for the lost time of clicking this thread.

Comment

Still at work, guys. hang tight.

Comment

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
                    forget car pics. im now on to the point of titties to make up for the lost time of clicking this thread.

thread saved.

Comment

LOL once again titties saved the day.

Comment

Originally posted by toointoxicated60 View Post

thread saved.

Comment

Please take a few minutes and read about yourselves. GRM puts it very well when they say that the amount of useful information and genuinely interested people on this forum is few and far between.

Comment

If you had posted this in a sub-forum that didn't bear the subtitle 'Share the latest photos of your E30' (like General discussion, for instance) people wouldn't be asking for pictures. Besides, what sort of 'useful information' were you expecting out of this thread? It's not like you asked a technical question.
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I disagree, for those who know how to use the search function, there is tons of useful tech information, write-ups, etc. R3v has helped me tremendously with everything from mod's, to maintenance.

We requested pics of the car you were talking about because you never really asked a question in your original post besides if anyone Autox's their E30's in the Rochester Area. I do not. So the only thing I'm genuinely interested in is seeing a picture of another fine E30, since that's what everyone comes to this sub-forum for.

Toughen up chief. R3v isn't for the faint of heart.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Working...
                              X