No announcement yet.

Another one bit the dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn dude, sorry to hear! Was def a fine piece of work. Good luck with everything and curious to see what you do next.

Comment

please let me know if this ends up in a local junkyard. I'm a PA boy with lots of friends at Penn tech. I really want lots of stuff from it.

PS..oh yeah sorry for robbing its dead body already, I'm that guy though.

Sucks to see one go though. I'm all for the save though. Use a come along, and two big tractors...don't let it die or at least let me pick the grave haha
      faint in, throttle out.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
        Insurance company is going to total it.
        Like I told the guy on the other forum. It goes a lil sum like this.

I have about 25+ k inveted in this car with paper work to prove..
        Bought car with 220k and have atleast 250k on it now.
        High miles + old car + bent frame = r title.
        Say I buy the car back.
        Fix car.
        Get in another accident.
        Car is already on a r title from last accident.
        Now what happens? I'm fucked. You can't buy a car back from the insurance twice.
        So what happens now? Car goes to a junk yard and I loose all my money and time invested the first time.
        Now I loose all the time invested to fix it the second time plus all the money and time from the first time.
        So no, I'm not fixing it and loosing my ass again.

Once I buy it back from the insurance, alot of shit will be parted from it. alot of shit I wont be able to use on the next car. Everything is brand new from front to rear and all OEM. I didnt skimp on anything. Makes me wish I did.
        I'm in a similar postion. I picked up my 89 325i as a charity donated car, and they salvaged the title to clear up back DMV fees on the car. On the7/15/2011 I was heading out to the norcal e30 meet to meet up with Levent, when some a-hole cut across the median doing 30mph in front of me doing 60mph on the freeway. For the last two weeks we have been going back and forth on who's fault the accident was, since nobody stopped to be a witness. After getting of the phone with them today they are atarting to come around and actually looking at the facts and not just the word of the a-hole.

The damages are similar to your e30 but only on the right side. I added up all the parts needed to fix it and it will be a total on a car that has been totaled. So if what you are saying is true, that I can't buy it back and repair it myself? If so I am also fucked because everthing has been replaced and was done right and was scheduled for a complete respray before this happed.

Danny how did you get the insurance to pay out so much? If I go to small claims court the max is $7500 and any more I would have to get a lawyer which would probably break even after paying them.

As someone had posted earlier, 2011 is a bad year for the e30 survival.
        http://importmotorsparts.com/

Comment

Its a long story and I'm on my phone. I'll type it out when I get a chance.

Comment

dude dont sweat it i had a similar thing happene to me and i got it all straighten out with no welds!
            look at my project im almos done and ready for paint and i have nothing close to your experience im only 17..

Comment

Sorry man, that's so shitty. Good luck with the next project.

Originally posted by kcoelhoe30 View Post
              dude dont sweat it i had a similar thing happene to me and i got it all straighten out with no welds!
              look at my project im almos done and ready for paint and i have nothing close to your experience im only 17..

That's not even remotely similar. You have minor body damage, it didn't even touch any structural metal. Did you see the picture of his door? It's not like he can just bolt a new fender on and it will untwist the chassis...
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

^^ I was thinking the same thing. I'm very picky about my car and how things are done. I've searched for a long time to find a clean straight rust free shell the build on. Honestly, id be happier if insurance totals it rather than fix it. It will always be in the back of my mind that the fram is/was bent and what they had to do to get it back into position.
                I had an appraisal done yesterday. 2 est for repairs and now I'm just waiting on the other persons innsurance. Hope to have some more info on this today so we can keep the ball rolling..
                Thanks for all the nice words fellas. I do appreciate it. If anyone has any info on how to get the most money please let me know. Sorry if my post are all over the place. I've been replying from my phone when I get a chance.

Comment

dude, that totally gave me tears. i loved this car. still do. youll be back up in no time with something new though!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

My favourite E30 ever :( You must be feeling like 'fuck the car game' right now damn

Comment

Not really got me a new project!!

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                        Not really got me a new project!!
                        ;)

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I've always admired your work.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

^^^ don't worry buddy, I'm gonna take great care of it. You can come check it out and drive it any time. ;)

Comment

so im guessin Mtech-2 for the vert with ur baggies?? and imola red?!?! lol
                              sigpic
                              ^Back in the game^
                              BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                              FS thread:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Imola red on that Vert will be fucking tits!

Originally posted by Roysneon
                                $5 shipped?
                                Originally posted by MarkD
                                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X