Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by rjfurlan
    Nice, I like the color (see attached 91 325i). I am thinking of painting my chrome window trim black. Can you post a better picture of yours?
    nah I don't have any better pics of the trim but I can take some for ya

    Originally posted by Julien
    Nice vert laura! I think my buddy knows of that car, he mentioned a calypso vert sitting somewhere in charlotte a while back. Welcome to e30s!
    How long ago? If it's within the past 2 months then thats very likely, I'm a manager at the Autobell near downtown so it's parked out there by the road a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by vlad
    m-tech II calypso vert is nice, but if you stay with plastic bumpers, it can also look clean and nice, here is the one I did few years ago
    I think whoever had the car before my dad had painted the sides and back bumper... when I went to re-paint all the trim it looked like they were originally the same color as the car. I wish the guy had kept them like that, I like how yours looks a little better.

    and I don't have amy pics of me with the car, but here's me with one of my pet rats, Turbo. :) lol

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    m-tech II calypso vert is nice, but if you stay with plastic bumpers, it can also look clean and nice, here is the one I did few years ago







    or and pics of you next to the car is a must :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • ill4noreason
    replied
    Have any pics of you and the car? Or just you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Maybe we should go on a date sometime.
    lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    thanks everyone!

    Originally posted by blksuperman2
    Welcome to the Calypso club. So you just painted the chrome trim? What did you use?
    yup. taped it off, sanded it a little, cleaned it, and put on about 2 coats of duplicolor trim paint from advance auto.

    Originally posted by FutureE30
    I have the same exact car. Where did you say you got that top? Is the interior tan leather? Congrats again.......
    yeah tan interior. I need to either get some new seats or re-upholster the ones in there desperately haha. And I got the top from a guy on here who had a vert he was using for parts.

    Originally posted by E30 F34R
    Another vert! welcome to r3v. This is my second favorite color =) Since you want to go LOW send me a PM and I will help you though setting your car up right.
    thanks, will do

    Leave a comment:


  • Trptguy
    replied
    Very nice! Love that color

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Nice vert laura! I think my buddy knows of that car, he mentioned a calypso vert sitting somewhere in charlotte a while back. Welcome to e30s!

    Leave a comment:


  • rjfurlan
    replied
    Nice, I like the color (see attached 91 325i). I am thinking of painting my chrome window trim black. Can you post a better picture of yours?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Stevie30
    replied
    Welcome to r3v. Great looking vert!

    Leave a comment:


  • pilotskillse30
    replied
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Well, I really like the color! Maybe we should go on a date sometime.
    LOL, Your quick!...nice car Laura, looking for one in this color for my wife. Welcome to the madness!

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Another vert! welcome to r3v. This is my second favorite color =) Since you want to go LOW send me a PM and I will help you though setting your car up right.

    @Smoove1, is that some sort of purple? I am doing technoviolet =)

    Leave a comment:


  • Smoove1
    replied
    Calypso m-tech 2 cars are awesome... I wish mine was calypso when ever I see that pic.

    Leave a comment:


  • FutureE30
    replied
    Sweet car Laura,

    I have the same exact car. Where did you say you got that top? Is the interior tan leather? Congrats again.......

    Leave a comment:


  • brutus87
    replied
    Welcome!
    looks like you have a great base to start with!

    Leave a comment:

Working...