Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rares
    replied
    awesome car laura. my brother just bought a 92 vert calypso also... thats so cool to see so many... good luck modding. looks like you're off to a good start..

    welcome btw.

    Leave a comment:


  • blksuperman2
    replied
    Welcome to the Calypso club. So you just painted the chrome trim? What did you use?

    Leave a comment:


  • CabbE30
    replied
    Welcome!

    Sweet ride! I want a convertible so bad!

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    So many nice Calypsos lately!!

    Leave a comment:


  • csermonet47
    replied
    Well, I really like the color! Maybe we should go on a date sometime.

    Leave a comment:


  • fsf1o1
    replied
    Nice and congrats

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    started a topic Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

    Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

    I am now the proud owner of a calypso 1992 325i convertible :) I've always loved e30s, and my dad mentioned wanting to sell his, so I hoped on it. The poor car has just been sitting in his driveway for years not being driven because he rides his motorcycle everywhere. 138k miles. Automatic (considering a tranny swap, I really want a 5spd...). I've had it a little over a month now. When I got it the top was in terrible shape- the back window was duct taped in and had been like that for years, and there was a pretty bad oil leak (my dad said it was the oil pan gasket, but I took a look at it and it was just the valve cover gasket... a much easier fix! :) ).

    Pics of when I got her:


    mine and my friends' (mine with duct taped window)


    Got a top off of a parts car:




    all the trim was super faded so I painted it, along with the whole grill cause the chrome on the kindeys was chipping off. also painted the window trim black, it was looking a little rough too.


    mustache is off, I got tired of it.

    lowering it soon.


    Inspiration:

    ^droooooool...
Working...