Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura

    How did you smoke them? I might just smoke the ones I've got..
    It's pretty tedious work, the high beams are a bitch to do, and I never did them. You need ellipsoids, either euro smileys, US ellipsoids, or euro ellipsoids. You put them in the oven and bake them, pry off the glass, paint the low beam reflector and re-glue the glass back on. For the high beams you have to cut 4 slits on the housing in the perfect places, it's not easy.

    I run the legit Hella smoked smileys but you could get the DEPO replicas from ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-91...Q5fAccessories

    Leave a comment:


  • matthugie
    replied
    Welcome! I love the calypso, so sexy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Light gold could look good. Have you seen ESM RS reps? They look good and are a lot less coin than real BBS. Maybe as a starter wheel if you have to have real ones. Here is a set for sale although he is not shipping (yet)

    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=esm+rs
    yeah I've seen em. If I paint mine it'd be a light gold. When I can afford new wheels thats probably what color I'd get...

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    I'm thinking about painting my basket weaves a light gold actually... what do yall think?
    Light gold could look good. Have you seen ESM RS reps? They look good and are a lot less coin than real BBS. Maybe as a starter wheel if you have to have real ones. Here is a set for sale although he is not shipping (yet)

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    ^^ then i might take the smoked lows :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultraviolet
    DS & CR ftw.

    start savin' up for those BBS also think about a gold machine polished lip, tat would look sweet!!!
    I'm thinking about painting my basket weaves a light gold actually... what do yall think?

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by KamakaziX
    Looks nice and clean! How low are ya planning? Modest drop or layin' frame?
    modest drop. I want to be low but it still needs to be drivable.

    Originally posted by E30 F34R
    BBS RS will set you back 1,400-2k for proper built and ready to rock status(4x100 or redrill). I am almost done building my RS set right now. But in this world, you gotta pay to play.
    yeah I know they're super expensive. the pic I posted is just the look I'm going for, not necessarily exactly what I want to do. Although if one day I can actually afford to drop 2k on wheels that'd be sweeeeet. haha

    Originally posted by dreamchasin
    If you are thinking about smoking your headlights, I have smoked low beams, Bosch homemade smoked ones. Pay for shipping and you can have them. They are just collecting dust and I think the one mounting tab needs to be repaired. They're somewhere in my house hidden in a box.
    How did you smoke them? I might just smoke the ones I've got..

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultraviolet
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    nice, thats one of my favorite e30 colors :)
    DS & CR ftw.

    start savin' up for those BBS also think about a gold machine polished lip, tat would look sweet!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Huff
    replied
    Uhh Ohh... I should say welcome early 'cause a girl thread is going to get to blown up by the end of the day.

    So.. Welcome to R3V!!

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    thanks:) and yeah, most likely. what e30 do you have?
    .
    If you are thinking about smoking your headlights, I have smoked low beams, Bosch homemade smoked ones. Pay for shipping and you can have them. They are just collecting dust and I think the one mounting tab needs to be repaired. They're somewhere in my house hidden in a box.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    found more pics of the car.
    BBS RS
    BBS RS will set you back 1,400-2k for proper built and ready to rock status(4x100 or redrill). I am almost done building my RS set right now. But in this world, you gotta pay to play.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    love that color

    Leave a comment:


  • KamakaziX
    replied
    Looks nice and clean! How low are ya planning? Modest drop or layin' frame?

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultraviolet
    I gots a 91 Diamond Schwartz IX - he's the bastard of the flock but he sure is handsome!
    nice, thats one of my favorite e30 colors :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultraviolet
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    thanks:) and yeah, most likely. what e30 do you have?
    I gots a 91 Diamond Schwartz IX - he's the bastard of the flock but he sure is handsome!

    Leave a comment:

Working...