Laura's '92 vert/new to the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B Randon
    replied
    you needed to take a pic from the other side, show it in all its glory lol

    Leave a comment:


  • mpfitz13
    replied
    I like the tan top, it goes real good with the interior.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    not too shabby. I like it.

    p.s. is that your boyfriend in the passenger seat of the pic of you getting sideways?
    Last edited by Deltron Dirty30; 10-09-2011, 06:03 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Picked up a top from High Point today :] :] :]

    Didn't think I'd like the tan, but I actually really do..

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by camshaftgsxr
    hey laura, didnt see this till the bump.
    oh haaaaai cameron

    Leave a comment:


  • camshaftgsxr
    replied
    hey laura, didnt see this till the bump.

    Leave a comment:


  • mo diesil
    replied

    come on its a old car its expected to have that done to it

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88
    They both may still work. They will not activate untill you get them sync'd. Check out this page, and read the reallignment/syncingprocedure. Its really not that hard to do. I got the timing down on about the fifth try, and they work now.http://www.e30ic.com/powertop.htm

    You can sew a new window in place, but you need a friend to help and push the needle back through from the outside, with you on the inside.

    Todd
    Thanks for sharing the site! I'm poking around on it now, and I'll probably try to fiddle with the motors tomorrow if I have time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Todd Black 88
    replied
    They both may still work. They will not activate untill you get them sync'd. Check out this page, and read the reallignment/syncingprocedure. Its really not that hard to do. I got the timing down on about the fifth try, and they work now.http://www.e30ic.com/powertop.htm

    You can sew a new window in place, but you need a friend to help and push the needle back through from the outside, with you on the inside.

    Todd

    Originally posted by Laura
    yeah, either one or both of the motors doesn't work. so it doesn't lock. How would I sync them? I don't know anything about the motors yet.

    And at this point I just need another top... the back window of the top I have managed to completely shred itself from me putting the top down (just cause its old and didn't bend right anymore). I have another window that I picked up from Brandon in King but I was looking at sewing it in and I would have to remove the cloth part from the frame. A total pain in the ass. And it would be close to $500 to get a shop to sew it in for me, that's how much of a pain in the ass it is... So it would be cheaper to just get another used top. Bleh.



    haha my baaaaaaad. I've got a lot of friends up there, check out wncrides.com. It's a local car club based mostly out of Asheville. I'm up there quite a bit, I'll let you know next time lol

    Leave a comment:


  • bernzpeed
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultraviolet
    Hi Laura, I'm Christina ..gorg lil' vert you got there - Calypso is one pretty colour!

    You going to smoke those headlights of yours to lean more towards your inspiration? I absolutely love the look!~

    I can't wait to get my car back from the shop so I can finally do an intro thread too!!
    Originally posted by JBird
    Welcome fellow female e30 owner! I'm Jessica btw
    Originally posted by Laura
    yay girls! lol


    yours looks sick man, I want those headlights...
    We should have a Women with E30's Thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Black 88
    First off .....Sexy car. My favorite e30 color.

    Second, if everything is still there for the power top, keep it if you can. The a
    Latches are locked by the toneau cover motor in the middle of the trunk, and wont lock down the lid unless the motors work.
    Sounds like they just need to be sync'd up. I just went through this on my cabby.
    yeah, either one or both of the motors doesn't work. so it doesn't lock. How would I sync them? I don't know anything about the motors yet.

    And at this point I just need another top... the back window of the top I have managed to completely shred itself from me putting the top down (just cause its old and didn't bend right anymore). I have another window that I picked up from Brandon in King but I was looking at sewing it in and I would have to remove the cloth part from the frame. A total pain in the ass. And it would be close to $500 to get a shop to sew it in for me, that's how much of a pain in the ass it is... So it would be cheaper to just get another used top. Bleh.

    Originally posted by RagtopE30
    You were in Asheville in the Art's District and didnt even drop a line!! WTF those are my stomping grounds!! LOL Seriously if you come back up let me know. I will buy you a beer at the Wedge Brewery
    haha my baaaaaaad. I've got a lot of friends up there, check out wncrides.com. It's a local car club based mostly out of Asheville. I'm up there quite a bit, I'll let you know next time lol

    Leave a comment:


  • RagtopE30
    replied
    You were in Asheville in the Art's District and didnt even drop a line!! WTF those are my stomping grounds!! LOL Seriously if you come back up let me know. I will buy you a beer at the Wedge Brewery

    Leave a comment:


  • Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by Laura
    Right now it is. haha.
    I think I'm just going to take the motors out and get the latches needed for it to be a manual. The motors haven't worked since my dad had the car, he said the guy who had it before him converted it to manual but he didn't, one of the motors just died. So since I've had it I've been manually putting the top up and down. And since the correct latches aren't on there, the lid doesn't latch all the way so I've been having to zip tie it (don't worry you can't see the zip ties).
    First off .....Sexy car. My favorite e30 color.

    Second, if everything is still there for the power top, keep it if you can. The a
    Latches are locked by the toneau cover motor in the middle of the trunk, and wont lock down the lid unless the motors work.
    Sounds like they just need to be sync'd up. I just went through this on my cabby.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laura
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Great pics Laura, glad you are enjoying your automobile. Looks like Fun!
    thanks

    Originally posted by KamakaziX
    Nice shots. Haters gonna hate.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Great pics Laura, glad you are enjoying your automobile. Looks like Fun!

    Leave a comment:

Working...