Goodbye Nina... say hello to Veronica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Nina... say hello to Veronica

It took me a long time before I made up my mind to put Nina up for sale, but as the boys at Gutenparts said so well "Life is too short, drive them while you can!" so I had to let go of one car to obtain another.

The buyer flew in from Edmonton to pick her up on Friday and to be honest it was hard to see and hear her drive away.

So now what?

Well... When I saw this car as a teen in a copy of Car & Driver magazine I dreamed that one day I would own one and it would be the car I would retire in. Unfortunately that small dream did get buried as time past by, reality and bills set in and only recently did it resurface to haunt my dreams.

The relapse was triggered when I missed out on a turbocharged e34 535i as it was sold 2 hours before I got to view it. Now I am not normally effected by such circumstances, but for some reason I got really depressed that I couldn't get to see that car and have a chance at obtaining it.

As a result I started poking around and the search for an M5 began, not just any M5, it had to be an e34 M5. The last M car with a handbuilt s38 engine for a heart.

So I was fortunate to find one in very good condition and owned by an local enthusiast. She isn't perfect, but she does have all the qualities to be a diamond in the rough and the best part is the low mileage engine! Only 125000km (77000 miles) clocked on the odometer!

My brother and I went to go do an inspection on Saturday, everything looked good, the road test was great so I brought her home.

This is Veronica

The interior is in very good shape and there is no damage to any of the seats.

My favourite thing to see... a 300kph speedo and 90L gas tank!!

The door cards are in good shape. I bit of shrinkage due to their age but this is something I can fix.

Here is Veronica with her 400awhp stepsister Stephanie

I like to have my engine bay clean so I decided to shampoo the engine with some p21s. With the warm engine the steam cleaning just breaks down any buildup.

Then it bugged me she was dirty so I decided to give her a quick detail and I am glad I did as there is not much a driver likes to see than a clean cockpit

While going through the rear seat I found a couple of souveniers left from the owner when Veronica was in Japan

There is a short list of items to replace some broken bits and a longer list of things to do cosmetically in order to satisfy my OCD level of ownership and I will post updates when available.

Here she is after a quick shower.

Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-25-2016, 10:59 PM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

I sense lots and lots of win coming from this...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL CAR. Congrats. Nina was pretty hot, but veronica has sex written all over her.

Originally posted by yert315
      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

letting go of the vert must have been tough(I couldn't do it)but man what a replacement!
        Veronica looks super
        sigpic

Comment

Veronica is sexy ;)
          '91 318is

Comment

love both cars but that vert was a keeper... Good luck with the m5. Congrats!
            My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

what an upgrade. holy crap
              sigpic

Comment

man that vert was amazing. sad to see it go.

but the new car should be nice. the ACS wheels are looking good.

Comment

Wow... Just wow

Comment

love it !!

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                    Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                    I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

So amazing good on ya mate
                      sigpic

1989 Toyota Liteace- Surf Mobile Forsale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215019
                      2012 Porsche 911 Black Edition-Sold
                      2007 E-Class 350 -Sold

Comment

Looks awesome!! My favorite production BMW. but please PLEASE put the original nose panel back on...
                        -Alex

Comment

love it. Always had a soft spot for e34 m5s
                          RIP
                          Photo By: D.Tek

Comment

I was not ready for the fantastic pics of that vert, but that M5 is something special too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I know this is an e30 forum and that is how I started here, but I thought the M5 would be an exception that might be accepted.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X