No announcement yet.

Goodbye Nina... say hello to Veronica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say do what ever you want just loving your attention to detail. Kant wait for the Alipna Style gauge.

Comment

I'm jelly. Lookin good.
      Last edited by FunfGan; 09-03-2011, 06:37 PM.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I have taken out all of the interior to restore it and the timing couldn't have been better as parts started to arrive.

I received a nice box of goodies from Ground Control

I have to say that the Koni Yellow powdercoat sure looks nice!

I don't understand why everyone says the Ground Control setup is so expensive. What I think a lot of you do not know is this... the price that is listed is not the price you will end up paying!

Their website shows $1809.00 for the setup including camber plates, that is the quote I got. After speaking to them to figure out the spring rates, the final price shipped to my door was $1658.00.

But you are going to say that is still a lot of money!

OK... take off the following items:

$55.00 shipping
        $299.00 for camber plates.
        $200.00 for the core charge for using their e34 strut housings, if I send back my stock struts they will refund this amount to me!

So what does that leave us? $1104.00 for the assembled coilover setup that is shortened, powdercoated AND uses a Koni adjustable strut.

I think it is a pretty good deal considering the other options out there cost 85% of this setup and are not nearly as nice.

Since the coilovers are going in I thought I might as well replace the rest of the pieces and bushings and reset the clock at zero.

So upper and lower control arms are going in while waiting for the new front wheel bearings

Front and rear shocks & struts removed

You can see the massive amount of dust that I will need to powerwash out when I get the car back

One side done

The installation of the Ground Control setup was very straight forward and once I get the interior back in and sound system installed I will have a wheel alignment and corner balance done.
        Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-25-2016, 11:04 PM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

I like where this is going
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

I see why you could not pass up on the M5, I mean, How could anybody??
            But....did you really, really have to let the e30 go? really? Not my business, but you have a bunch of cars on that driveway anyway. Couldn't afford one more?? and who's Stephanie? the audi??
            anyway, congrats! big time!
            1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Awesome M5
              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Gadea View Post
                I see why you could not pass up on the M5, I mean, How could anybody??
                But....did you really, really have to let the e30 go? really? Not my business, but you have a bunch of cars on that driveway anyway. Couldn't afford one more?? and who's Stephanie? the audi??
                anyway, congrats! big time!
                Just because there are a bunch of cars in the driveway does not mean they are all mine. ;)

If I were to keep the e30 I would have to have her resprayed and that was going to be a $4000 job to make it perfect. The vert was fun but it wasn't fast. To make it fast would cost more $$$ so I decided to build the M5 instead.

Stephanie is the Audi and she is up for sale as well. 400hp to all 4 wheels if you want to get groceries home in a flash.

Comment

Hello Veronica, not often you find a nice e34 m5 any more.

This is one hell of an example.
                  95 Ford PSD : 99 540i M-sport : 89 325i

e39 Rear Muffler Delete Exhaust Video...BMW 540i/6 Fort Devens AutoX, IN-CAR Video...Learn to Re-finish your Headlights (Click for Video)

Comment

While the car was at the shop getting the suspension installed I started working on restoring the interior.

Here are some before pics when I got the car

I was lucky to find a second extended leather console setup, sorted out all the pieces and prepared to get the project going.

Richinvan came over to help out and do his interior at the same time. So here I am vacuuming the rear seat bases and doing an initial cleaing with diluted Lexol cleaner.

Prepping my passenger seat

My center console puzzle

I am going to use Leatherique products for this restoration project. I ordered 32oz of Rejuvinating Oil, 32oz of Pristine Clean, 32oz of BMW black dye and 8oz of Prepping agent.

I poured the Rejuvinating Oil into a spray bottle and started massaging it onto the rear seat base

I covered up the seat using 2 tire bags the create a sauna environment. I placed the seat outside in the sun and let the Rejuvinating Oil work into the leather.

After I completed putting the Rejuvinating Oil on the rear seat pieces I proceeded to work on the console pieces. I did an initial cleaning with diluted Lexol cleaner, massaged in the Rejuvinating Oil, bagged up the piece and let it bake in the sun

Same process for the passenger side seat, bagged and ready to bake. Hans helped outto keep the bag from opening up due to wind

So for all the of items pictured above I used only 16oz of Rejuvinating Oil and that included my dropping the spray bottle and wasting a couple of ounces on the floor

So I baked all of the interior pieces in the sun for 2-3 days and gave the seats a new coat of Rejuvinating Oil on day 2.
                    Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Got the car back from the shop, pulled out the driver seat, cleaned with Lexol, smothered with Rejuvinating Oil, bagged and put out in the sun to bake.

With the whole interior out of the car I restarted the decontamination of the interior. I pulled up the rear carpet and found some surprises

In order to pull out the rear carpet to see what is hiding under it I had to remove the B pillar trim and door gaskets

Rear carpet out

Now I can finally remove this piece of left over wire that probably went to the OEM CD changer

While vacuuming under the carpet I finally broke something

Since I don't plan to replace the broken seatbelt adjuster I decided to just remove it entirely.

So here is the other end of it attached to the seatbelt harness

The cable snakes down the B pillar to the adjuster

Very simple process to remove, just push in the tab and pop out the ball

Pull the cable out of the clips

I yanked out the passenger side adjust to help keep the weight balance

I guess I could try fishing with what was left over

I attack the rear parcel shelf with the vacuum and you can see just how much dust there is. Now think about how all that dust got there since the trim panel was sitting ABOVE it.

One half done

Almost done

FINISHED

Well not quite finished as you can see the light gray film of dust that the vacuum could not pick up. So time to break out the old fashioned way of cleaning this up... a cloth and a bucket of water.

Here is what the bucket of clear water looks like now.

Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-25-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

nice cars :up:

i know those wheels on the vert ;)
                        *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Please show seats pics!!!!!!!!!!!! Before/After shots :)
                          (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                          1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

you are having way too much fun with this
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            But of course
                            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

He really is, but I like what you doing .
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                                you are having way too much fun with this
                                I wouldn't really call this part fun... driving the car is fun.

So here is the rear parcel shelf the next day after it dried up

Today we take the headliner out and it is a real PITA. Broke a bunch of clips that hold the headliner up around the sunroof

And these 3 plastic tabs at the back were the most difficult to remove

Why? Because the plastic tab is held in place by this crazy strong clip

Headliner out

Found a DIY and got the sunroof panel out no problem

I ordered 4 yards of foam backed ultrasuede and adhesive to recover the headliner, sunroof panel, rear parcel trim piece and the A & C pillars. I will post up that part of the project when I receive the order.

My friend Terence brought over a industrial strength carpet cleaner to clean up the carpets. First we spray on some carpet cleaner and scrub away at the stains

Hitting the carpet with the machine

Pics of the stains on the other half of the carpet

Hitting the stains on the driver side with cleaner, scrubbing away and then the machine

Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-25-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X