Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme concave and low et wheels.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    How do you have concave without cuve?

Your car is going to look great with these wheels, but are you going to be able to go low enough on just lowering springs?
    I have H&R race springs, the lowest springs you can put on an e36. My ride hight is the same as the blue m3 with coils.

Please disregard the dirt and horrible paint work.....

Comment

Wow those look great! Can't wait to see what they look like on the car
      '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by dillsnick View Post
        Didn't Mike Edler roll with these wheels on Turbi?
        Allow myself to answer.... myself

Yep.. Those look pretty damn good.

Comment

Hideous.

Turn signals too.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
            Care to explain how these German made wheels are Fake? What are they trying to be?
            that's easy. they are fake Breytons.

Rondell is a cheap ass wheel over here usually run for winter time.

mine are 8 and 9 with the reg. E36 offset (et50). I still have mine, but never fell in love with the way they poke out in the middle of the wheel. that's why I went to the Style 5s now. They do look really aggressive on that blue E36. I personally wouldn't ruin my wheelwells to fit those on your car they are heavy!!!
            Last edited by mikeedler; 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Care to explain how these German made wheels are Fake? What are they trying to be?
              The general difference between the Roundel 21's and other concave wheels is that the "concave" part of the Roundels were a design element to give the wheel that concave "look." Whereas a true concave wheel is one that is produced as an afterthought from a normal wheel model. The classic BBS RC332 is a fine example. It is a beautiful wheel in 18x8.5 et40 form, but when asked to provide a lower offset version, BBS pretty much just smashed the center hub down a few mm to get the RC300 at ET13. As you can see in the pictures below, it's the same basic design elements, but modified to fit the requirements of a lower offset.

RC332

versus the RC300

Here you can see the difference side by side:

The basic premiss for concave wheels is when the spokes fall inward towards the hub. If you look at the RC's, they keep the same approximate thickness of spoke from hub to barrel. The entire spoke is angled inwards. In contrast the Roundel 21's have a nearly flat back to the face, and the spoke thickens as it gets towards the barrel. They could have made that wheel with flat spokes and a fat lip, and it would have been just as strong. Instead they added these 1/4 pipe ramps on each spoke completely for aesthetics.

Some other fantastic looking concave wheels

Finally, I never said your wheels were fake, I said the concavity of the wheel was fake, and they are trying to jump on the trendy concave bandwagon that was huge 4-5 years ago.
              But since you asked, in Germany Roundel is a bit of a joke brand. It's the wheels that are sold in places like Hella mart, Auto Tele and Profi-Parts, which is equivalent to eagle wheels sold at autozone here. And while the Roundel 21's aren't fake, Roundel does make plenty of rep wheels. While anything that you buy that is T.U.V approved is going to be better quality than 99% of the chinese junk, Rounel isn't on the same level as O.Z. or BBS's aftermarket line.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Those delinte's are garbage. I had 215/35/18 on 9" wide, and the inner sidewall blew up, and they wore really funny and are loud as hell after about 20k kms. Like I said, one of my rears blew up, so I put ZE912's back there and what a difference in noise, ride comfort and grip. Can't wait for the fronts to wear out so I can put 912's there too.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

ooo learned alot right now lol.
                  1) I need concave wheels to fit my BBK
                  2) my borbets are so flat -____-
                  3) I don't want the Roundell Style 58 any more
                  edit: no.. I still do. jk
                  Last edited by IminDiegoTriick; 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM.

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                  Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                  I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Good info there but my m3 is a 95 and cost $2900. I'm more than satisfied with my inexpensive wheel decision. BBS and all the other high dollars wheels are great but I cant justify putting a set of wheels on a car the cost the same or more than the car's worth.
                    So after my second hand suspention, garage paint job, and second hand wheels, I've spent less than $5400. I'm pretty good with that and the car will look great.
                    Now maybe down the road if I purchase a current year BMW, then maybe i'll buy a set of REAL wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Wait, is this bfc?
                      +1 for the lol.

Comment

Post #36 is my favorite part of this thread. I am disappoint.
                        -Erik
                        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Wow, graveshaker is like a little kid when someone doesn't like what he likes.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            How do you have concave without cuve?

Your car is going to look great with these wheels, but are you going to be able to go low enough on just lowering springs?
                            Spokes don't have to be curved in order to have an overall concave wheel.

\
                            /

^That is still a concave surface.

I am not a fan of the wheels in the OP. I hate it when the centers stick out.

These, on the other hand...

Comment

these are gonna look so good. they would look sick on anything. didn't you have these on your e30?

Comment

This is what the wheels looked like on the original owner's M3 to get an idea of how they would look.

since when R3v join NASIOC??
                                1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                                1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                                guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                                Originally posted by ak-
                                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X