No announcement yet.

nothing special, just my zinno 86 ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good. im on the look out for an es spoiler too. have you thought about the 3.73 lsd in the ecar yet? Also sem makes a sandable bumper repair epoxy to help clean up that spoiler. gonna get that shadow line done or plan on keeping the crome? either looks nice. i plastidipped mine so it can be touched up easily or removed when i get tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
      been going through the rolling shots thread and saw this beaut! it really makes me want to keep the metal bumps and avoid any type of body kit. i had been looking at some iX kits, but this tells me to keep it clean and simple. ill be getting new brackets for the front lip and when it comes off again it will get some paint, not sure if im going to go with red or black yet. also been looking at some new wheels too, wont reveal what they are yet, because i dont even know what ill end up with.

is that like a 4" wide BBS wheel in the front?
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
        looks good. im on the look out for an es spoiler too. have you thought about the 3.73 lsd in the ecar yet? Also sem makes a sandable bumper repair epoxy to help clean up that spoiler. gonna get that shadow line done or plan on keeping the crome? either looks nice. i plastidipped mine so it can be touched up easily or removed when i get tired of it.
        i got the spoiler for free and its already got a ton of rock chips from my road trip to cali. im not worried about it as this is my daily beater. it took a lot of bitching from my friends to finally paint it...

i plan on eventually getting euro chrome bumpers so the chrome is staying on, also when that happens i wont be using the IS front spoiler anymore which is why im not too concerned about it.

as far as rear end goes, my friend in LA is looking for a 3.73 and im probably going to take his old rear end which i think is 3.46 or something like that. not looking to get too aggressive with it.

Not even snow can stop the mighty eta!

IMAG0061 by 2mAn
        Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2017, 11:16 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

boom, polished up the paint

IMAG0099 by 2mAn
          Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2017, 10:56 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

here are some more pics from the detail day that my buddy Cheuk ( cg138 ) took. mostly me working but you can see how clean the car was getting. you can also see the two gents who put on the how-to. Aaron (Iron Joe) is the sexy man with the sleeveless shirt and Greg (gergpez) is the guy making goofy faces in the pics, who is also working on the white e30

after all this was done, i couldnt reinstall my spoiler because the paint on it was pretty shitty, so im going to plastidip it and reinstall it. pics of that should be coming soon, once its done.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

ok rear spoiler is done. didnt come out perfect and ill probably go back again and redo it later. damn thing takes forever to cure, but its not noticeable until you are up close looking for it. one of those things that will only bother me

heres pretty much before. the brown shit is some sandable putty that my friend added to fill in the cracked area that left a gap in the smoothness of the spoiler

spoiler-1 by 2mAn

spoiler-2 by 2mAn

this is how it looked pretty much totally sanded down
              spoiler-3 by 2mAn

plastidip'd and almost ready to install

spoiler-4 by 2mAn

perfect time to lounge in the Seattle sunshine.

loungin by 2mAn

and now its installed
              spoilerinstalled-2 by 2mAn

spoilerinstalled-1 by 2mAn

now it just makes the bumper trim look like shit, but i have a plan for that too. stay tuned
              Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2017, 11:00 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

ok just ordered some radiator hoses. this is ay overdue and one hose already blew on me a few weeks ago and i keep lagging on this. not anymore. i will get this done ASAP, i also bought some cool interior stuff that will make my car way faster! ;)
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

My bumper trim looks like your bumper trim... Waiting to see your plan for that... Sub'd.

Comment

on your dyno sheet you can see that you didnt have a nice curve for torque and it jumped up and down a lot, thats probably a good indication of valves needing adjustment in case you havn't already.

Comment

the valve adjustment is high on the list. first things first, i need to change the remaining coolant hoses. i had one blow up on me recently and i cant put that off anymore. i was waiting to find a nice m42 radiator, but that didnt happen before the hose blowing.

the valves have been ticking louder lately and i knew the adjustment was necessary.with no idea the last time its been done, i can only imagine how bad it is. still waiting for my bentley and i havent found any good DIYs yet. if you've got a link, please hook it up. i know the bentley says 0.20 cold, though some people say you can get down to 0.08 and 0.06, but i dont want it to be in the danger zone.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

lookin' sweet, Simon.. I like the new exhaust too - looks proper.. she's only looking prettier and prettier - might be painful having to get rid of her (aka bring her to Cali ;-) )
                        can't wait to see more - also dyno sheet after chip, exhaust, headers, valve adjust..
                        Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Thanks D, all it needs is a new cat and its CA legal. as far as the exhaust goes, i tried to keep it stock looking. i seriously dont think i would want to get rid of it and start over. they all need love and this one is slowly getting it all. this one may be a keeper (how many times have i said that though!) might just have to wait until i can actually drive it down there to be coming back there
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

all you need is love
                            Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
                              all you need is money, time and a big garage
                              ftfy
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I am so subscribed for this. i litteraly just bought the exact same car, same color, model, year, rims and miles!

I basically want to do everything your doing to your car, but to mine lol so i will be paying close attention
                                M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Working...
                                X